Day

Time

19:13:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3
Year 12 Day 350 20:05
Shuji Shizuka

You know Mikel, you've claimed that i've got daddy issues several times in the past few days. Given that you don't know me, the only logical assumption is that you yourself have daddy issues and are trying to cover them up by pinning them on someone else...

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 350 20:14
Shuji, he does have a signature banner with an emphasis on "family."

But I do believe all this talk about "issues" is getting us away from the firefight of words about NPCs. Although, I also think this is a dead issue.

If y'all are gonna keep flailing away at this, no more name calling, por favor.

"When all is said and done, there's nothing left to say or do."

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 350 21:00
Harlynn Kinn

Shuji, just let it go. Your not going to get anywhere with this lot.

HK_sig_1.png
One foot in the grave. Another planted on your throat.
"Your focus. Needs more focus."
Year 12 Day 350 21:15
I simply can't justify your sudden unfounded and systematic backlash against any sort of authority figure other than through some sort of severe psychological trauma.

Year 12 Day 350 21:36
Shuji Shizuka

It's not that i'm backlashing against any authority figure at will, just the ones that are really full of themselves and I call them out on it when I believe them to be wrong. I'm sorry that I don't have the complete and utter lack of will required to be a good player, and I sincerely apologise for attempting to suggest ways to make the game, one in development and supposedly community based, a better place to play. I'll try not to use logic in the future.

Edit: Oh, right, since the original question has been answered, can this please be closed?

Edited By: Shuji Shizuka on Year 12 Day 350 21:37

Year 12 Day 350 21:46
I'll try not to use logic in the future. 

Now, you've got it, Shuji!

Don't let that ultra-logical right hemisphere get in the way of having a good time! Just take that sharpened #2 Melon Baller and scoop out all the uneccessary gray matter!

What do you do with it when it's out? Why, "Throw It On The Ground!"

...Wait, is that -- is that supposed to be the right hemisphere, or the left hemisphere? Man, I always get that one wrong.

Next, let's discuss the logic of sound in space battles, followed by "Do Unprotected Sentients In Space Explode Or Boil?"

KM

"When all is said and done, there's nothing left to say or do."

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 350 22:16
If your "logic" dictates that "a stowaway onboard an unfamiliar ship has access to that ship's exact location at any time, as well as the means to report that information back to some distant handler without the owner of said ship ever being aware of this occurring" then, well, yeah, refrain from ever using that again, please.

Year 12 Day 350 22:25
Shuji Shizuka

sigh....

That is not what I asked. If you interpreted that, then I'm sorry that you did.

My original question, before anything else, was, are we able to use the position of an npc in the inventory to track other people's ships etc. In the way that items were once used but are now banned, under the belief that while it's silly to assume that every belt has an intergalactic homing beacon, npc's would have the ability to report in via whatever means they have. Which would include such basic things as a commlink, which are much like modern day mobile phones in which the vast majority of people have one.

Year 12 Day 350 22:25
I'll try not to use logic in the future. 

If you were using any now, that might be a valid conclusion to draw.

Your arrogant attitude that everything you say is flawless and anyone and anything opposing you is just being bloody-minded and full of themselves is the real problem.

You say something. Someone tells you that you're wrong and explains why. You ignore the explanation, accuse them of having no reasoning, and say they never listen to anybody. Logic doesn't begin to come into it.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 350 22:31
Shuji Shizuka

Hal, there are times, reasonably often, that I admit that I am wrong. That does not mean that I should or will back down when I believe that I am right. Do you, or most of the others who take part in threads like this, accurately claim the same?

I do not ignore the explanation, what I do is state my opinions as to why their explanation is wrong, if indeed it is.

The fact of the matter, however, is that there are players who seem to genuinely believe that because people and I haven't been around for seven years and taken part in everything, that our ideas and opinions don't matter. And there is little that can be done to stop these people apparently. Which is a real shame, because it doesn't take a vet to have a good idea, or present the flaws in other's suggestions.

Year 12 Day 351 5:31
Akela Galney

In the way that items were once used but are now banned, under the belief that while it's silly to assume that every belt has an intergalactic homing beacon, npc's would have the ability to report in via whatever means they have. 

Let's assume that they can report by whatever means they have, just like player characters do (DM, Commlink assumption, etc). They would have plenty of means to communicate where they are, but they wouldn't be able to substantively say where that is other than "Um, I'm aboard the SS Minnow, current whereabouts unknown." Why would NPC's have any ability to do better than that if player characters cannot?

Year 12 Day 351 7:05
Why are PC's not allowed to know where they are when they are passengers? Do they get to know that they are even moving? The only time ah've not been in control of a ship that was moving was when the owner of a ship ah was transporting was about to be killed and the new owner removed me as the pilot (less than 6 hours from the end of a 13 day journey) and ah can't remember if it still told me ah was in Hyper or not

Year 12 Day 351 9:30
Shuji/Tiali - you may notice that its one of the restricted topics in the suggestions forum. Most of those topics are in there because they were discussed and felt that in relation to the game and how the features work together, it does not need changing. This is likely one of the topics that will remain so much like the food/marriage/etc restriction.

The best you may get is possibly suggesting a use for an item to get such information, possibly by hacking into the entity. Otherwise you're s*** out of luck.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 351 14:27
It's not about time, Shuji, it's about experience and understanding. People like Mikel, Ellias, Ten, and myself have worked with most of the features in the game, understand how and why they do the things they do, and can comment on them based on that knowledge. But when it comes to recycling, someone who's been here 6 months - even 6 weeks - could easily know more than myself and comment more accurately on the function, since I've never used it personally.

There are several people in here that have made comments in this thread that demonstrate clear ignorance of the current information that NPCs display. I even explained part of the reasoning that goes into the restriction on using exploits to gain more information than the inventory gives you... but here you are still going around in circles on the same questions.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Page 1 2 3