238 are online

Year

Day

Time

06:31:41

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 350 18:43
If anybody knows what the Combine Font is called (or where I can find it), I'd like to know, or is it a custom font? Any help would be great.

Year 12 Day 350 18:46
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I know this one!!

It's called Aurebesh. Just do a search, you'll find it good enough.

(BTW: KM? Howdy, from KM! Hah!)

Edit: I remember reading this awesome account of the designer who actually "created," so to speak, the alphabet, after seeing it in one scene only:

The Aurebesh is a lot like Boba Fett -- it is a facet of the Star Wars phenomenon that had its origin as a cinematic aside, but which has come to be widely embraced, far out of proportion to its humble origins.

Well, all right, Mr. Fett wasn't quite that insignificant, but the Star Wars alphabet that inspired the Aurebesh appears on screen for a span of mere seconds. That was enough time for me to notice them, though. As a graphic designer who worked (and still works) with fonts on a daily basis, I was intrigued by these glowing symbols on a Death Star readout. 

From this excellent account:

http://www.echostation.com/features/aurebesh.htm

A must read for any Galactic historian, or art designer!

Edited By: Konorro Morroeez on Year 12 Day 350 18:50

"When all is said and done, there's nothing left to say or do."

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 350 19:33
Shuji Shizuka

I think he meant the font that is used in swc, which is Veranda I think.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 350 19:39
I think he meant the font that is used in swc, which is Veranda... 

Oh, no. No, no, no.

I'd bet credits on that, Shuj.

KM

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 350 19:46
He could be talking about the logo, which looks like a combination of something serif-y like Times and a stylized C.

Year 12 Day 350 19:57
I really, really think we ought to have bets on this!

Mikel, what odds would you give me? 4 to 1? I bet we could get some serious action on this. (:^D)

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 351 5:40
wrong thread for that ;). also, we might want to better understand the question before the betting begins.

Photobucket
Year 12 Day 351 7:12
That's what the betting is about: what OPie is actually asking about :D

Year 12 Day 351 7:53
Kendall Holm

font-family: Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans, Lucida Sans Unicode, Verdana, sans-serif;

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 12 Day 351 9:57
I was wondering what font is used for the "Combine" part of the SWC logo, I already have Aurabesh and some other Star Wars-ish fonts.

Year 12 Day 351 10:14
Awww, man! I guess I should be glad I didn't get any bets down.

And Kendall, what you're describing are the display fonts. They may not be the same on every machine, depending on your browser settings, or whether the webpage uses CSS to assign specific fonts.

But then, you probably knew that already, right?

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 351 10:40
your welcome Mr. Morroeez :)

Photobucket
Year 12 Day 351 14:09
Laz Uli

Regardless-- I found the aside intriguing.
Thanks for being wrong Konorro!

FactionSigLaz_zps7ae2d329-1_zps420b30d2.png?t=1367273068
Year 12 Day 351 16:51
Kendall Holm

Konnorro ... the website uses CSS to define the fonts and those are the fonts it attempts to use. I know that the font wont be the same on every system but for this particular website I can pretty much guarantee that one of those fonts is going to be the one your browser is displaying, and if it isnt most web browsers default to either Times or Arial.

Now as far the font in the logo I am not to sure, but there is a font service where you can crop one of the letters and send it to them and they will give you the closest font that it matches.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 12 Day 351 23:56
Thanks for being wrong Konorro! 

**Ahem** Yes, well, you're welcome. Sort of.

Which brings me to:

your welcome Mr. Morroeez 

All right, all right. Never let it be said that I was a welcher (which on my home planet of Dorin is a small lizard-type of creature that eats leftover oxygen canisters).

I'm sending Mikel some credits to settle up, since he was the first person to suggest the original request was for the SW logo.

Don't spend them all in the same spaceport, please. Wouldn't want to swamp the local economy.

KM

Edited By: Konorro Morroeez on Year 12 Day 351 23:59

-- Darryl Dawkins