232 are online

Year

Day

Time

06:14:07

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » What happened on "Black Forest Day" IC and OOC?
Mouse Carrelbee

First of all I would like to apologise if this is in the wrong section or if I shouldn't be asking about this.

While reading the forums and the "we remember" GNS Post I was wondering what exactly happened on "Black Forest Day" especially from an OOC point of view?
The GNS post provided a lot of story but it got me thinking about the details of the event.

If anyone could shed any light on this seemingly historic day for the Combine I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you for reading this.

Eshini`el Sandhawk

http://holocron.swcombine.com/wiki/Kashyyyk_Massacre

Edited By: Eshini`el Sandhawk on Year 13 Day 44 8:51
Mouse Carrelbee

Thank you for the link, it provided some useful information :D

So IC, the Galactic Empire slaughtered many inhabitants, but what OOC reasons did they have and how many players actually died?

Is there many people still playing today that remember this event firsthand?

Through the forum posts and general discussion it seems like there is many thing that newer players missed (liked the interdictor's blocking a planet, factions stealing vast amount of stuff from other factions and an easter egg hunt :D). I have however enjoyed reading about all of these events.

2v2f57a.png
The easter egg hunt is still going, even brand new players have a chance of finding one of the extremely bad-aged (as opposed to 'well-aged' :P) eggs

Alex Tylger

Vodo Bonias was Emperor at the time this occurred. His character always displayed a hatred of wookiees. As I recall, he specifically went out of his way to purchase the planet Kashyyyk from the faction that owned it at the time (I think it might have been the Tenloss Syndicate) so that he could arrange the massacre, though he did not exactly announce his intentions at the time.

I suspect the OOC motivation was simply how Vodo played his character, and how he wanted his character and the Empire to be perceived by the rest of the population.

As for how many players died, unsure.

I'd say there's a fair amount of players who still remember this particular event.

Mouse Carrelbee

Thank you all for your responses. I feel that I have got a good idea of what happened, I just hope nothing like that happens again.

I will also be on the lookout for the Easter eggs :P

2v2f57a.png
Dragomir Kies

I believe none to very few players died there, though its way before me. I talked with some folks from that time. Victims were mainly NPCs. And the event was mostly Roleplay gladly cought and blown up to big proportions by propaganda. of factions. ;)

Alex Tylger

Not sure if that is true, Kies, though someone old from the GE would know best. A large part of the outrage regarding the incident was specifically over the OOC aspect of it as it involved newly spawned wookiee playing characters.

http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=4470&page=0 <- Found this.

I am not sure how many actual details were clear at the time when that thread went on, but it's clear that there was at least a public perception that newbies were slaughtered.

Dragomir Kies

good to know thanks for the link.

Mouse Carrelbee

Wow that link is really helpful Alex, thanks :D

2v2f57a.png