Year

Day

Time

03:21:01

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3
Year 7 Day 59 15:49
What the hell do you not grasp of us saying HE WAS NEVER ARRESTED. Not with IF, not with OOF. PERIOD.

The IF arrest failed BUT put him into the spy's party group, who happilly dragged him onto his ship and went about to take him to Vodo.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 7 Day 59 15:56
Again, half answer.

So.. then he joined Corsec, Corsec got A/E privs in GE territory, and executed him?

Edited By: Paparrin on Year 7 Day 59 15:59

PhillipBromleySmiley1-1.png

Combat please? damit... damn it to hell !!!!!!!!

Orphaea Imperium: Looter.
Year 7 Day 59 16:03

I'm sorry. You're just too damned stupid to bother acknowledging further.
When you bother to read posts before your own, then maybe people will bother replying to you.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 7 Day 59 16:08
Heh, so he just clicked on the execute button like he said:

4. I log on, see the arrest button below Vodo's name and try it out, discovering it works. I then see if I can also execute, which also works. I contact Vodo, Dreighton and Khan, explaining the bug  

My question remains.. how is that NOT a bug? and why does people make a conspiracy theory out of that?

Edited By: Paparrin on Year 7 Day 59 16:08

Year 7 Day 59 16:12
Jeb`el Ras

Wilhelm, at the risk of being hypocritical, calm down.

Despite being an ass about it, Paps does have a point, somewhat.

First, I can only assume why this thread is where it is. There's no place in the forums to discuss issues like this for one thing. And perhaps it's a hopeful appeal to those admins who don't have seemingly blatant bias. But that's only speculation. It is where it is.

Now, as to half-explanations, Paps is damned right. This is a serious issue that should have been addressed in a Sim News rather than leaving it to rumor and innuendo. The fact that there was no Sim News only heightens the appearance (real or not) that certain admins are hiding something rather shady.

I don't think anyone doubts that Vodo's killing was due to a bug. But even though I'm new around here, even I know he's not the first to die due to a bug, and probably won't be the last. How many of the others had their characters resurrected by the admins?

Even more to the point are the circumstances that led to Owen being in the situation in the first place. Anyone with a brain can see there's a problem there even without knowing all the facts. So here we have one character in a position, clearly due to a bug, where he was going to die, and the admins take no action. Yet they immediately act when the player exploiting that first bug has it backfire in his face.

Yeah, I made a joke about it all. Maybe that was a poor attempt at defusing the emotions here. Sorry if it offended.

Bottom line is this situation is much more than just a bug issue, it involves the integrity of the game, and long festering issues that should be addressed, and addressed publicly.

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
When none cares whether it prevail or not. - Coventry Patmore
Year 7 Day 59 16:35
It generally helps when people read up on what actually happened before going off and stupidly ranting, Paps.

slipsignew.gif
Year 7 Day 59 16:46
I know what I read, I just brought it up again to make sure no one still thought there were any doubts on wether it was a bug or admin bias. Half ass answers made it seem like the a/e was legit.

was Raider not-arrested on a faction with A/E priviledges on GE territory when he tried it? Yes or No?

The answer to that question is: NO. (he wasnt in a faction with a/e on GE territory).

Edited By: Paparrin on Year 7 Day 59 17:07

Year 7 Day 59 18:20
I think what's trying to be pointed out here is the double standard that is held by the admins, well at least Veynom and Dreighton, toward certain members. They treat a select few members (as in one) like gods, and the rest like shit, as far as equality goes. Like many have pointed out, if Raider had tried a stunt like what happened to him, he would have been banned, and the action undone. The fact that he was able to take advantage of the situation by way of the same exploit that landed him in the situation, and the admin response to that action, just goes to prove this double standard.

The GE, IMO, is a spoiled baby when it comes to exploiting bugs, getting new features, and getting around limitations. Sorosuub steals 500 ships, hey why not impliment the Interdictor technology? A/E exploit allows you to capture OvI, but gets your leader killed, why not reverse the action that got your leader killed but keep the captured OvI? Someone sending your ships into suns with your high up leaders on them, why not get a rule that contradicts SW canon and prevents any kind of auto-pilot system that would be completely reasonable but is being used against you to kill your members and destroy your ships?

Need I say more?

tamerinlogorevampivy200.png
Year 7 Day 60 0:47
Does Owen's explanation of the events surrounding his killing of Vodo settle that part of this thread for everyone?

I can't say 'm exactly happy at Power and Vodo attempting to A/E Owen, when they both knew that an investigation into a bug being responsible was ongoing. At the very least it's definitely not cricket. At worst, I don't know, I haven't read all my mails on this subject, so I don't know the whole background to it or what has been done in that regard already.

Eliana,
Interdictors were being planned, discussed and programmed for a long time prior to the SoroSuub theft. I spent a lot of time going through the events with Flynny and I believe he is now satisfied that what happened happened legitimately and without interference.

Resurrection of Vodo covered further up. Owen himself explained why he is yet to be set free, his case has a grey area as to exactly how things got the way they were. Not the same with Vodo's bug.

Not sure I get the gist of your last point, but ships will only go into a sun if you specifically set a journey to end in one, otherwise it'll plot a course around them.

Kids these days!
Year 7 Day 60 1:47
Jeb`el Ras

I can't say 'm exactly happy at Power and Vodo attempting to A/E Owen, when they both knew that an investigation into a bug being responsible was ongoing. At the very least it's definitely not cricket. At worst, I don't know, I haven't read all my mails on this subject, so I don't know the whole background to it or what has been done in that regard already.

- "Khan"

FYI - The Powers arrest of Raider was made using privileges that Raider gave him. There was no bug arrest in this case, although, the admins are following due dilligence and checking into it which is why Raider is still alive. If the decision says that there is a bug in the Raider case, then of course we will oblige without complaint.

- "Vodo Bonias"

Seems pretty damned clear to me, Vodo's attempted obfuscation not withstanding (of course there was no bug arrest, because the arrest failed).
Sorry, but taking advantage of an action which you know is likely due to a bug is clear cut violation of the Golden Rule. Playing it off as if "well, if it's a bug, the admin's will fix it" is a crock of shit, and perfectly illustrates the main issue here. If Vodo had succeeded in killing Owen/Raider (why 2 different names anyway?) would HIS character have been resurrected an hour later?

Isolder Storm was banned for a month for 'exploiting a bug' despite conferring with the admins prior to his actions. Vodo Bonias and Powers should receive at least that much punishment, if not more.

Now, I don't know Vodo, I don't know Powers, and I don't know Owen/Raider, but I know bullshit when I see it.

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
When none cares whether it prevail or not. - Coventry Patmore
Year 7 Day 60 18:59
Well it seems that there has been an exploit somewhere based on Khan's and others comments.

Unfortunately, Combine has a reputation of showing favoritism to a certain few. I think in the long run, it will hurt not only the game, but the desire of people to continue playing and making this a fun place to be.

I think this is a classic example of an underlying problem. If he died, let him create a new toon in 3 weeks like the rest of us.

Just one users observations and comments.

email: mikev@vonfabian.com
Year 7 Day 60 22:55
Rika Lawson

For me, the most disturbing part is this...

You try to A/E someone, it fails, you can see it's a bug since the targeted character is dragged along with you anyway. What do you do? Instead of poking the admins and ask what the hell has just happened... you try the A/E two more times and even drag a second person in... to do the same. Hello? Am I the only one who thinks this stinks 10 miles against the wind?

Page 1 2 3