Time

07:09:38

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Quick god modding question.
Year 13 Day 70 15:12
Castiel Jolie

When making a thread in the RPing forum, would it be considered "god modding" if I were to set the events in the galaxy as to help build the story in the thread? Of course, it would only be true within the thread.

Year 13 Day 70 16:23
All threads in the Meeting Hall take place in the same SWC galaxy our characters play elsewhere. Other threads will be closed.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 13 Day 70 16:40
Castiel Jolie

So, the events in the meeting hall forum all link together? I'm sorry; I don't quite understand.

Year 13 Day 70 17:01
You play the same character in the Meeting Hall that you control in the main SWC interface. You have the same assets, you belong to the same faction, you know the same people. If you meet someone in the Meeting Hall, you can consider that you know them in the rest of SWC. If you don't like them, you are more than justified shooting at them (when combat is more fully implemented) or trying to get an arrest warrant. Similarly if someone tries to arrest you, or scams you, then you'd be somewhat expected to shoot or throw a punch at them in a Meeting Hall thread (assuming your character is so inclined).

Your character should only do, in Meeting Hall threads, things your SWC character would do.

What we don't care about so much in the Meeting Hall is where you are, or what your faction has you assigned to do, or how much free time you have. You can go anywhere, do anything (that your character would be inclined to do) and spend hours or years drinking in seedy cantinas, if you want. You don't have to match your database location and actions up with Meeting Hall RPs.

Edited By: Hal Breden on Year 13 Day 70 17:02

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 13 Day 70 17:11
Castiel Jolie

Okay. Thank you for the assistance.

Year 13 Day 70 17:12
Castiel Jolie

Can I participate in multiple threads at one time?

Year 13 Day 70 17:23
Certainly.

Year 13 Day 70 18:18
Castiel Jolie

Okay, thank you. :)