200 are online

Year

Day

Time

21:21:58

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 75 19:36
I know it's a ways off, but I noticed that the ATR-6 has listed two "Torpedo Launchers", whereas all other ships have "Proton-Torpedo Launchers". The two weapons have different stats, so I was curious as to whether the ATR-6 is indeed supposed to have TLs or PTLs. Thanks!

brerrabbit-1.png
Year 13 Day 76 2:48
Jesfa

Ship stats will likely have to be looked at again in the future before we go live EvE (entity vs entity) combat. If you'll notice, some ships also have Ion Cannons, while some have Ion Batteries, which is a huge difference as well.

It's something that everyone is going to bitch a fit about, and something that will need to be done, just not at this time.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 13 Day 76 7:35
:/

brerrabbit-1.png
Year 13 Day 79 7:57
Luther Nightwish

I always assumed Ion Cannons were the scaled down fighter version of Ion Batteries

Year 13 Day 79 8:36
Kendall Holm

not really a Cannon is defined as a heavy gun or artillery and a Battery is defined as a fortified emplacement for heavy guns or artillery, so an Ion Battery is exactly the same thing as an Ion Cannon except that the ION Battery is fortified.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 79 14:36
Ben Camden

Most likely it refers to a weapons battery, simply as multiple guns of the same type in a single position (a normal definition of the word "battery" in regards to weapons).

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Year 13 Day 79 17:18
Kendall Holm

it doesnt have to be multiple guns ... it can have a single gun or artillery

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 79 21:21
Jesfa

All the more reason we need to before EvE to go through and take a look at the weapon stats, ambiguity in weapon names on ships is a big deal.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 13 Day 80 2:31
Ben Camden

Kendall: The point is, that "battery" in regards to weapons can mean several things.

It can mean a fortified gun, but it can equally as well mean a group of guns together - fortified or not.

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Year 13 Day 101 13:42
Maybe change the Ion battery name to a turbo ion cannon?