Year

Day

Time

19:43:45

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 167 12:51
Gort Horth

Are the various survival gear functions enabled?

I have a Corellian friend who took atmospheric damage from walking on a glacier. If he wears an arctic Survival Suit will this avoid the environmental damage and does he need the helmet to go with?

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.
Year 13 Day 167 12:55
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Environments#Protective_Items

Year 13 Day 167 19:56
They are protecged, and its the atmosphere, not the terrain that matters. If it was a glacier on a hot/breathable planet, then the arctic suit will be useless.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 167 23:30
Gort Horth

It happened to him twice. The atmo is breathable and glaciers are not a restricted terrain for Corellians. It was most odd.

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.
Year 13 Day 168 10:30
Luther Nightwish

"Breathable" is only half of the atmospheric status. For example, if it is Temperate/Breathable, no atmospheric damage should be taken afaik, but if it's hot/breathable you need Thermal Survival, cold/breathable needs Arctic, etc etc.

Year 13 Day 168 11:42
http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Environments#Protective_Items

- Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.
Year 13 Day 172 13:37
Gort Horth

Why is it that out of the dozens of people who have spent extended periods on this cold/breathable planet, only one of them took damage? Glaciers aren't listed as restricted for Corellians. All of us have been walking around in armor with no ill effects.

Year 13 Day 172 19:10
Restricted terrain has nothing to do with damage - that just determined whether you can walk on that terrain without any items (like needing an aquatic survival suit to move on ocean terrains if you are not Mon Calamari etc).

Since apparently atmosphere damage has been changed to once a day or something rather than once an hour, its entirely possible the other guys got inside before the damage timer activated. Or they really were wearing the correct survival suit.

Ellias_sig6.png