Day

Time

12:59:06

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Have sysats been changed?
Year 13 Day 218 8:20
I have had t-24's placed around a deep space area for sometime that allowed me to see that whole area. I noticed the other day that they no longer show all of it. Have the sensors been changed or something like that ?

Year 13 Day 218 8:38
Same thing has happened in my system. All the sats are assigned to my faction, etc etc, but for some reason I'm seeing this:

ScreenShot2012-07-04at113718AM.png

Year 13 Day 218 8:58
You look like you have better coverage than I do. I have 9 of them evenly placed and some are not picking up anything at all. Sorry no screen shots, I'm on my cell phone.

Year 13 Day 218 9:23
Kendall Holm

Cell Phones have screen shots too ... A lot of them its pressing and holding the menu and then pressing the sleep or power button

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 218 9:39
I would go scan the area next to the satellite with something that has a lot of sensors.

Year 13 Day 218 10:05
That won't fix the problem of the satellite(s) not working correctly.

Year 13 Day 218 10:08
Looks like the most-left satellite generates a "sensor shadow".

I suggest:
http://bugs.swcombine.com/main_page.php

ORE-Vip-Fortuna.png
Year 13 Day 219 6:04
Ben Camden

Either that, or the lower left one is a T-20?

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Year 13 Day 219 6:18
It's happened to me too. I have sats covering the entire system and now suddenly random squares are not visible when they were in the past. I'm guessing it's a bug.

Year 13 Day 219 6:25
Would an asteroid hideout cause such a shadow?

Year 13 Day 219 6:56
No, only planetary bodies and stars can cause those blackouts, no other entities.

Year 13 Day 219 16:18
Myrhrai Isalia Rosiir

Must be a blackhole then, better be careful!

Or yeah, bugbase.

Year 13 Day 220 10:01
Alexander von Ismay

Huh. I just looked, seems Malicar is having the same issues.

"Whenever feasible, one should always eat the rude."
Year 13 Day 228 0:04
Add me to the list.

And it's not just astronomical entities causing this: it's happening on the surface, too. I get 100% coverage from two sats, and 0% coverage from the other two. None of them have been moved or reassigned, as far as I can tell. They are faction owned, and piloting and commanding privs are not involved.

There is no difference if I'm right next to a sat, or on the other side of the terrain square or system. And the blackout exists whether I'm onboard a ship or personally walking on the surface, either with or without a sensor pack equipped.

NOTE: For me, these are Sysat T-24s, both in space and elsewhere.

EDIT:
Submitted to the Bugbase.

And, something odd happened. While riding in my ship on the surface, I momentarily had no shipboard sensors. Not even the space I was occupying. Never seen that before. Ten minutes later, I had full shipboard sensors again.

Very strange.

Edited By: Belloq Tull on Year 13 Day 228 13:19

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png