278 are online

Year

Day

Time

09:49:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Is creature combat slightly glitched?
Ka`rla Leakey

Just wondering as in 6 attacks of 7 shots each by a full squad of 12 the leader of my creature squad (of 8) has not been hit a single time.

Thinking there may be a slight error in selections as the chance of this happening is pretty slim.

It greatly depends on your skills and the creature skills. When I was fighting Dodge 3 creature I was lucky to get 3 out of 5 hots, most of the time it was 2 or less. But when I found something with low or none Dodge skill my average was 3-4 hits.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

The leader is the last to die. This was a change some months ago to prevent the group from disbanding. Either way it is intended. Once the others are dead the leader will get hit.

swcforumsig

Ka`rla Leakey

Thanks for the clarification Syn, that explains a lot.

Not only is the Leader of a bandit group/creature squad the last to die, it appears he/she are immune to taking any incoming fire until all other members of that squad have been killed.

I know this may belong in the Suggestions thread, but I was wondering: is there a way for the invulnerability of the leader to be turned off during the same combat round when the last member is killed? More than once, my squad has had only a few HP left to finish off the remaining non-leader, but instead of shifting fire to the leader after the first three or four shots removed the last remaining member, they simply blast a hundred holes into the dead body.

I wouldn't mid if they got exp for that, but of course, they don't.

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

It does do that. Just not very efficiently.