Year

Day

Time

09:20:39

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Retrieving passwords form keycards
I must have set a password on a lock a long long time ago, and I've forgotten it. I have a keycard with the right password, but I'm trying to let someone borrow my ship while I'm a few parsecs away, and they can't get in due to the password, which I can't recall.

Is there any way to retrieve passwords from a keycard, or to remotely change the password on a door?

I bey not, but I figured I'd check.

dbce26b5ac.jpg
There is no way to get codes out of key cards for some silly reason. I can never remember password either, so there are few ways to get around.

1. If the person is part of a faction same as you, you can send the ship to the faction and give them Change Codes privilege. They can just change and open it.

2. If you trust the person, you can send them the ship so they can just walk through or unlock the doors.

3. Assign them as commander of the ship, and if they have a Security Control Panel they can deploy it and unlock all doors.

4. Lock Breaker as a last resort, it just takes time and skill to break lock. 6 hours for Blast Doors. Not sure if it less for others.

Thats all I can think from top of my head.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Sorry sent my answer in a dm by mistake, but will post here in case I am wrong.

I don't think there is a way to find out the code on keycard, I remember it being asked before.

And there is no way that I know to change the code unless you are there on the ship or make them commander and let them change it to a new code.

http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=56658&page=0

Year 13 Day 339 14:37
Sovan Theln

Been there, complained about that.

I suppose just keep a word document at the ready for future instances. Life won't be easy on us in this case.

PossibleSignature1_zpsaf5db104.png
ADYHori_zps61b7ef9c.png
Year 13 Day 339 23:49
A Notepad containing all your passwords is the best thing you can do. It makes keeping track easier and it reduces the chance you program the wrong code into something. ;)

chg5r2u
avh9otl
ban57nu
Year 13 Day 364 22:44
Rho Karn

What a pain,

2062608a-7c92-458a-b59d-764d75fb98c3.jpg
Xakic Jix

why is it a pain, it takes no time to make a new keycard. The name it something like keycard 1, and on an excel shit write the name of the card with the 20 passwords you placed on it. Simple really.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Rho Karn

LOL, I would If I could remember all the #^$&%& passwords I put on it already, DUH!!!

Xakic Jix

well if you need more so you can make new codes I can give you some. We all know how hard they are to come by these days.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Rho Karn

Oh would you...no thanks.

Xakic Jix

lol..well the offer is on the table. I have about 4 -5 crates full of them, never been used ;)

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Rho Karn

Ya I have about 34 crates full....hey if you need more I would be willing to sell them to you at an inflated price!!!

Do you two mind having this conversation somewhere that doesn't make it look like there's a person posting in the question centre actually looking for help?