Year

Day

Time

04:06:12

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 19 7:09
Biffis Maximus

The last few days I've had several instances where Chrome will pop up a malware warning page when I click on a link in SWC. I don't recall all of the links, but the latest one was http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=58393&page=0.

The message that I got this morning is:
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.swcombine.com.
Content from www.freeimagehosting.net, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

This doesn't seem like a bug, so I didn't report it in bugbase. Is anyone else having these problems?

Edited By: Biffis Maximus on Year 14 Day 19 7:10
Year 14 Day 19 7:56
Stephanie Barefoot

Yep, had the same thing a couple of times yesterday whilst moving between rooms of all things. Nothing today though.

StephanieBarefoot-DelcroixID.png?=1506284163
Year 14 Day 19 8:23
Kendall Holm

Some of them are coming from Banners and some are peoples Signatures. For that one room for instance turn signatures off and you will be able to enter the thread with out incident.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 14 Day 19 10:02
Its just a bullshit google thing, for instance some people have found an issue with our faction page because it is a free domain name, we have no malware or viruses as I check it daily, but it pops up on some people's computer. Just hit advanced, then continue to page, and it should load just fine.

sig.png

smallsig.png
Year 14 Day 19 10:19
Kendall Holm

" because it is a free domain name"

That isnt entirely true. The reason it is flagged is because their policies do not prevent people from attacking users from their host.

What happens is this. If a domain has a lot of complaints about attacks they are sent a notice to get rid of and enforce rules to safe guard users. If the domain refuses they are flagged as Hostile. And it isnt just Google. Some ISPs will block the domain if they are on that black list and will not allow you to go to it.

I have first hand experience with this on a free hosting domain. They were forced to regulate their users.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 14 Day 20 2:14
On my end, it's my antivirus software that blocks your site. Both my personal software and the one I use at university block your site.

Year 14 Day 22 12:41
Charlena Halo

I just got this on a page refresh:

Photobucket

Halo_Jedi_Sig6a_zps7kfowbuj.png
Year 14 Day 23 17:57
Stephanie Barefoot

Yep that's the one Charlena. Had it pop up twice today on the forums. But i just clicked Advanced like Elwood said. Maybe it will just go away as suddenly as it appeared?

StephanieBarefoot-DelcroixID.png?=1506284163