snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 46 17:37
Deakon Jarvis

Im a bit confused with weapon ranges

eg A295
http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Projectile&ID=179

It has a Max range=8
a Min range=5
I can understand all shots are a miss over 8, but Ive been told under the min range it is also automatic miss?
5 grid squares is a long way

I see min and max range is the optimum range accuracy to get best Damage and hits. Any lower is still able to hav a hit but min damage.

Year 14 Day 46 19:29
Nope, automatic miss if below minimum range. Sniper Rifles would after all be quite ineffective point blank.

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png
Year 14 Day 46 20:22
I've always thought you should simply have damage and to-hit % penalties above/below the optimum ranges, but apparently we've decided not to go that way.

Year 14 Day 46 22:46
Jesfa

The initial tests doing that, from what I was told, didn't work out well at all. This was my initial thought/hope as well.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 46 22:55
Brand Malden

Don't be silly, everyone knows that a nighstinger will misfire if you put it up to someone's chest and pull the trigger :p

r2u7mg.jpg
Year 14 Day 46 23:08
Deakon Jarvis

all I can see it will encourage squads to be moved all the time to maintain ranges for the lower range on long range weapons will not cater for enemy advancing on your position, even though you have a stronger position. so swapping weapons is what devs decided for the blind spot? So in tests does this make the weapon too powerful when troops try to get in range with there weapons or is this a ploy to extend combat even more till melee combat is sorted?