Day

Time

22:59:55

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 69 13:44
Athanas Nadeset

Hello,

would anyone please help me how the new economy rules work because I've stumbled on a problem. As I've said in "general talk", the new economy rules make no sense regarding tax to me. Since no body provided any feedback at all, as if the community is concerned with the number of planets being managed by a single person, like that really matters at all, and after that concerns about HP and such, I feel pressed to seek understanding here.

So, what I find, really simply put, with good planetary stats a hotel, for example, with 0% Tax Level, would make 42k. If we raise the tax level by 15%, the income provided by the hotel drops to 33k. This is 9k less. The Tax you receive from the hotel is 33k*15%=more or less 5k? Which means that with tax actually we receive 4k less in total income (tax+FI).

The reason is obvious, the connection between TL with CR and PIM=>FI.

Could someone please tell me what do I get wrong?

Year 14 Day 69 14:04
The new economy is supposed to be less money in our pockets. It's out of control! The way Jesfa explained it to me, I love it.

35a98b7.png

FleursSigAnimated_zps89c0ae4e.gif
Year 14 Day 69 14:07
Athanas Nadeset

Yeah, I'm cool with the less money part. But there's no point in Tax if it is based over Facility Income, since Facility Income generates far more money without Tax. So, there's no need to use tax, because you make more money without it. At least to that conclusion I've come. So, there must be something I'm not getting right...

Edit:

Tax Level - 0% - 7% - 15%
Income - 48M - 4,39M - 3,8M
Tax - 000 - 307k - 570K
Total - 4,8M - 4,7M - 4,4 M

Edited By: Athanas Nadeset on Year 14 Day 69 14:35

17.gif
Year 14 Day 69 14:53
I was under the impression from reading the rules if you have 100m FI at 5% tax, don't you get 5m tax? making it a total of 105m? That's how I understood it.

35a98b7.png

Year 14 Day 69 15:03
Athanas Nadeset

Ok, seems rule are still being discussed. Sorry for the commotion.

Edited By: Athanas Nadeset on Year 14 Day 69 15:15

17.gif
Year 14 Day 69 15:27
Ichiru Hanabusa

Fleur raising tax lowers FI I believe you make more without tax at all now

Year 14 Day 69 16:17
Maybe you just need to find the right balance?

35a98b7.png

Year 14 Day 69 16:23
Fleur is (and the rules are) technically correct. If you make 100m in FI right now with your TL currently set to 5%, then you will get 105m total. However Athanas seems to be correct in that raising TL above current levels will have negative effects on FI/TI.

Year 14 Day 69 18:35
Yes, with the way the FI equations run, increasing tax decreases the amount of IF you get. In addition, although the tax is in addition to the FI you get, the loss of FI from the increased tax is more than the extra money you get from the taxes. This means that currently, it is much better to run at 0% tax if you control the planet and all the FI there. If you have other peoples FI on your planet, then yes a tax rate may be useful for you as planet owner.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 70 17:46
I find it completely idiotic that the ideal tax rate for anything with FI that you own complete is 0%.

Live long and prosper.
Year 14 Day 70 20:45
Makes perfect sense in a strange way. If the government owns everything, then taxes are redundant. If the planet is a little more laissez faire, then it makes sense for the government to tax property owned by those other than the state.

SWC Banner (1 of 1)-3
Year 14 Day 70 21:03
All this means is, The Facility market is about to explode. Governments will start selling anything that isn't a power generator or flat, to have taxes and make 2-4 million on each facility.

35a98b7.png

Year 14 Day 70 23:49
After speaking with a few government leaders today, I assure you that will not be the case.

Photino50Nakeshsig.png
Year 14 Day 71 4:23
That is very commendable then. Not economical beneficial, but admirable to say the least.

35a98b7.png