229 are online

Year

Day

Time

18:42:09

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Undocking from a capital while in hyper.
Myrhrai Isalia Rosiir

I decided to try out the feature allowing us to undock from a capital ship mid hyper.

My understanding was that the following would occur.
1. The Capital would stay in hyper on its way to its destination.
2. The ship used to undock with would loose its hyper drive.

The capital ship exited hyper, and I still lost my hyper drive.

I did have a astromech droid with capital ship piloting in the cockpit. The droid is owned by me, and the ship owned by my faction. Though I am unsure if that matters.

Did you consider filing a bug report?

Myrhrai Isalia Rosiir

Consider? That I did.

But I figured before I did I would see if it was some error on my part in case it is not a bug.

The ship won't stay in hyper if you leave it and there are no players on board. This isn't a bug.

swcforumsig

I'm guessing that set a cap ship on its course then bail out to avoid the wait would have been an exploit if possible.

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png
Ah, didn't realize there were no other players on board. In that case then, yes, as Syn said, this is definitely "feature, not a bug".

Myrhrai Isalia Rosiir

Ah okay, thanks Syn. I did not know you needed to keep a player on board, which makes sense. It just takes away the fun I was planning on having.

Jesfa

The intention is to stop people from sending MSHs and Lucrehulks and whatot out, and just jumping out of the y-wing or whatever.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Myrhrai Isalia Rosiir

I understand that aspect, I just did not realize that it was part of the feature.

But thats why I test these things before actually trying to use them.