264 are online

Year

Day

Time

09:08:15

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » R1 series astromechs-and other than capital ships??
Sylvin Macflint

Will the R-1 pilot droid still pilot a YV-666, once 'Capital class' now 'Corvette class', if I were to board another ship located inside the YV, while traveling?

Edited By: Sylvin Macflint on Year 14 Day 93 9:10
Kendall Holm

Should ... the skills didnt change only the ships class. It still takes a capital skill to pilot the corvette class ship. So as long as the R-1 has a Cap pilot skill it should be fine

SWC3dsUser.png
Sylvin Macflint

Great, Just tried it and you are right Kenadall, thank you, It didn't exit hyper.
Am I correct in assuming this would not be the case with a tabder (hence skill point refunds) which is now classified a Heavy Freighter; that this ship would now require a RX Pilot astromech?

Edited By: Sylvin Macflint on Year 14 Day 93 9:09
Kendall Holm

The tabdar was moved due to it being odd being called a capital since the word capital literally means very large military vessel. So they were moved to heavy freighter and uses freighter skills to pilot and thus you need a droid that can pilot them

SWC3dsUser.png
Sylvin Macflint

Thank you Kendall for sharing your knowledge of this with me.
Just out of curiosity is there a section in the rules that tells, of the current ship classes (especially the newly formed ones), which skills (Cap/freighter,fighter) are required to pilot ea. progressively better??
Thank you again..
Be well..

Kendall Holm

General rule is if it has a military class name (ie. Corvette, Frigate, etc ) it will fall under the capital skills unless it is a fighter which it falls with everything else ship wise in the freighter skills

SWC3dsUser.png