Day

Time

09:18:21

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3
Year 14 Day 101 19:37
Dorn Zeke

I was not being sarcastic. You're going to have someone find a hidden system, only to find it is a system already controlled by Darkness?

That is like the 6 sun, 0 planet hidden system that got added in. Completely ridiculous as a hidden system.

mystats.php?uid=c2626
dorn_zeke_cit.png
Year 14 Day 101 19:54
No, no. Because people want to do something for the rest of the community by...

...Undertaking massive scouting operations, spending hours of mind-numbing blank square searching -just- to unlock yet another race. (Of which we already have plenty).

Na, trying to get an actual usable planet out of it would be asking for too much.

Edited By: Rawth Shacklefist on Year 14 Day 101 19:55

Rawth Shacklefist
ZE-believer.jpg
Year 14 Day 101 20:44
Deleted Post
Pinto Grande
Deleted by Pinto Grande. Reason: other topic for thsi
Year 14 Day 101 21:50
Dionaea Kuat

Well, yeah that's what I'm saying kids.

Good thing I thought of asking and saved you a lot of time searching for useless hidden homeworld planets then.

2 Year 10 Day 308, 18:12 Seele banned your account providing the following reason: Calling me fat IRL.
Year 14 Day 101 22:01
Dorn Zeke

Searching is searching. You aren't out there looking for something specific...you find what you find. Given the work involved there should be some sort of reward. A new available race is not a reward for the discoveror as the race is open to all.

mystats.php?uid=c2626
dorn_zeke_cit.png
Year 14 Day 102 3:18
Jesfa

The luck of the draw. You could find a single planet homeworld and the rest of the game thanks you for finding a new race for everyone. You could find a homeworld with 3 additional planets, and it's win-win. Or, alternatively you could find a 60 planet system you've just become a billionaire or randomly hitting the abort button at the right time.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 102 3:26
Dorn Zeke

Hidden systems aren't found by randomly hitting the abort button. I'm sure you guys can come up with some other way to reveal hidden races without having to hose the guy who finds the system and has nothing to show for it.

mystats.php?uid=c2626
dorn_zeke_cit.png
Year 14 Day 102 4:28
Ichiru Hanabusa

jesfa, is there a 60 planet system?
:P
also as it has been said there could be more than one planet, one could have a race, so be darkness but you could find more extra on top

Year 14 Day 102 7:20
If you found a system only containing a darkness homeworld, it would be no different than finding nothing. If finding such a system is essentially the same as not finding a system, it seems most reasonable to treat it as entering an empty system while searching for planets. I mean... you can always assume that the alternative is that there is nothing there.

tempsig.png
scarlet_pike_cit.png
Year 14 Day 102 7:26
Dionaea Kuat

Maybe all the hidden homeworlds were hidden BECAUSE canon says they are not single-planet systems? So maybe all of them would be a win-win.

2 Year 10 Day 308, 18:12 Seele banned your account providing the following reason: Calling me fat IRL.
Year 14 Day 102 7:49
Race home worlds shouldnt be PC owned. Being NPC owned means they can prevent it from being shielded, as well as offering a safer haven come galactic combat. It also allows everyone to spawn npcs on the homeworld equally. The rest of the system is yours. I doubt that one planet will really make that much difference.

Year 14 Day 102 8:37
Dionaea Kuat

Except that homeworlds are a very important aspect of Star Wars and many, if not most, wars have been fought by groups vying to control them.

Year 14 Day 102 9:14
R`dall Gr`ves

Oh no, there are hidden planets that you can't slabbomb...I feel for you guys. I really do.

/me prays for combat in order to watch the orbital bombardments which can't be defended

Year 14 Day 102 10:12
Dorn Zeke

You're right. Instead we should set things up so that doing work in game gains nothing. That is a recipe to increase the game's numbers!

mystats.php?uid=c2626
dorn_zeke_cit.png
Year 14 Day 102 11:00
R`dall Gr`ves

Dorn, you can't act all pious claiming that numbers will increase. If anything, a home planet would become quite the target of military engagements come combat due a home worlds "value". That would place new players at risk and cause them to reconsider respawning.

Acting like you guys want to improve the game and get more players playing is merely a facade to the actual desire....filling your coffers.

:p

Year 14 Day 102 11:24
Dorn Zeke

More players does fill our coffers, as it requires people doing stuff to actually be successful in the game. Fewer players helps no one out.

I am always against things which either increase monotony or disappoint newer members. Beating the odds and actually finding a system is a great thing for scouting teams. Finding something that is useless is basically a massive troll.

Furthermore, I completely disagree with the notion that homeworlds should be Darkness owned. I can't count how many times I've seen the admins say this is a faction-based game. New players should be spawning at their faction headquarters, not on their homeworld. Homeworld spawns create more instances of "screw this game" than they add to the game - nothing says welcome to the game like a 3 day NPC transport trip, or even better, a 3-week wait for pickup.

Most homeworlds do not have value. There are a few where the NPCs are stronger for military or other purposes, but those are not the norm. There is a small benefit for recruitment where you might gain a larger proportion of new players of that race, but that benefit is a stretch.

mystats.php?uid=c2626
dorn_zeke_cit.png
Year 14 Day 102 12:27
Maha Michi

If you found a system only containing a darkness homeworld, it would be no different than finding nothing.

- Scarlet

It is different than finding nothing, as there is a homeworld planet there. This can lead to a new race, possibly more quests and achievements.

A new available race is not a reward for the discoveror as the race is open to all.

- Dorn

It certainly is a reward for the discoverer, should they want to move to that new race. All motivations in the game should not be selfish nor be done with the expectation of a reward, so it is a nice gesture for them to reveal it for others.

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 14 Day 102 13:50
"being NPC owned means they can prevent it from being shielded, as well as offering a safer haven come galactic combat. It also allows everyone to spawn npcs on the homeworld equally."

I really hope that race planets will not become safe havens against combat, when that is here. That would be a really bad decision.

horbanner.gif
Year 14 Day 102 14:21
Jesfa

If you found a system only containing a darkness homeworld, it would be no different than finding nothing. If finding such a system is essentially the same as not finding a system, it seems most reasonable to treat it as entering an empty system while searching for planets. I mean... you can always assume that the alternative is that there is nothing there. 

This is essentially what I was going to post before Scarlet did. If you want to imagine that it was an empty system, you can do so. There's a lot of systems out there, with varying degrees of value.

There are very very very very few with no value, the fact that the first system found was at the time, the only "worthless" one, is statistically amazing, and likewise hilarious.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 102 15:16
Dionaea Kuat

You don't *have* to spawn in your homeworld, so I don't see newbies being forced to spawn in such conflict-torn planets (?). They could spawn somewhere else if their homeworld is not newbie.friendly.

Not that I see what's wrong with homeworlds being destroyed once in a while. The Kashyyyk genocide is an important piece of combine history that defined the galactic alliance and helped consolidate the Galactic Empire as a dark, evil force.

Edited By: Dionaea Kuat on Year 14 Day 102 15:17
Year 14 Day 102 15:31
Ichiru Hanabusa

Most noobs spawn before they know anything about the game and generally the homeworld is what they pick

Page 1 2 3