260 are online

Year

Day

Time

16:33:51

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 156 18:12
If you are doing R&D on a ship does the ship get destroyed in the process or is it just a chance that you can modify the ship and make it have better stats?

Thanks

Commodore, Sir Pepi Deto
Falleen Protection Forces CO
Dean, Ichigo Military Academy
Falleen Federation
Trade Federation Citizen L1
Year 14 Day 156 19:11
Maha Michi

No real work has been done on R&D yet, and with the current schedules of the devs, I'd be surprised if that happens for a long time. Zhao had barely had time to show his face around SWC at all for the last few months.

...no one even has details yet because there aren't any to have because there isn't even a functioning dev outline for any of this yet.

- Syn speaking to R&D on Y14D135

This is what I've last seen on this, but things could have changed (though I doubt it).

Edited By: Maha Michi on Year 14 Day 156 19:12

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 14 Day 156 19:18
Thanks

Commodore, Sir Pepi Deto
Falleen Protection Forces CO
Dean, Ichigo Military Academy
Falleen Federation
Trade Federation Citizen L1
Year 14 Day 156 20:08
From what I know of one of the potential R&D systems, you dont work on existing entities. You collect research points and then unlock new entities, based on the dcs you currently have available to you. R&D in the first many phases will not allow you to reverse engineer stuff, or modify existing ships. Its a way to unlock new DCs.

*This is not a confirmation of the final workings of R&D. This is one way that was suggested and is a very basic idea of how the system will potentially work*

Year 14 Day 157 18:01
I wonder how many times this same question will be asked even tho every answer has always stated that R&D will not be to modify existing entities :)