Day

Time

03:10:16

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Critter and bandito hunting.
Year 14 Day 174 12:23
Ut says there is a 15% chance of them spawning in forest terrain. So if I go between square 0,1 and 0,0 100 times the odds are I'll get 15 bandits/creatures squads? Also if I bought a bunch of MSPs, equipped them to some NPCs, wore one myself, and sent the NPCs off across terrain would my vision grow?

This was ugly so I removed it.
Year 14 Day 174 12:43
Bandits and creatures despawn when you leave a square so the chance is just rerolled every time you enter a square.

Yes your range will increase if you use NPCs with sensor packs that way.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 174 13:23
Just making sure this question is understood I am not crossing terrain. I am pretty sure they don't despawn from my small experience.

Thank you!

Year 14 Day 174 13:47
The spawn chance is only recalculated on cross terrain. If you're moving within the terrain itself, the creatures are already there or they aren't; your perception range only reveals what's already present.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 174 16:20
Thank you. Explained what I was wondering brilliantly.

Year 14 Day 177 0:07
Xylus Jin

Can certain creatures spawn on worlds other than their homeworlds? Or can they only spawn on their designated homeworld?

tumblr_ljfa6eYUaI1qbe7jeo1_500.gif
Year 14 Day 177 1:05
Creature spawn on terrain that is native to them, regardless homeworld. For example, Space Slug native terrain is cave, so wherever there is cave terrain it has chance to spawn.

Year 14 Day 177 3:31
Xylus Jin

Thanks. I wasn't sure whether it was just the terrain on the homeworld, or terrain in general. Thanks for the clarification1 :-)

tumblr_ljfa6eYUaI1qbe7jeo1_500.gif