Year

Day

Time

13:00:57

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 296 22:25
Dan Hakim

Would it be possible to make the SWC Zonama Sekot mobile, as it is in canon?

Would it have to be manually moved like the newly added planets?

I just thought it could be useful for either quests or competitions in the future.

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 14 Day 296 22:39
Possible? Probably.. Not sure that we have the coders available to justify the work, though, with so many of the devs busy lately (there's no simple tool for it, so something would need to be coded). But you could post a suggestion if you think it would be particularly beneficial to SWC and not just for flavour.

Edited By: Syn on Year 14 Day 296 22:39

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 297 4:24
Jesfa

Currently, making it auto move, or even manually move, would cause numerous issues.

Anytime a planet or city is moved, anything within the container of the planet/city has their position wrecked. It's a fairly non-issue for now, but if anyone were to land on it and it moved, bad things would occur.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 297 11:06
I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Total protonic reversal.

Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

Year 14 Day 297 18:57
Bad as in position/cockpit interfaces don't work properly so you cannot actually move etc.

Anyway, I made the admin planet Zonama Sekot so that if in the future they felt like moving it around, it would have some canon reason for doing so. Plus it prevented players being able to claim it and then demanding that they be able to move it around the galaxy at a whim. As cool as flying a planet around would be.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 299 11:26
You don't claim Zonama Sekot, Zonama Sekot claims you.

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png