Year

Day

Time

14:28:02

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Strike-Class Medium Cruiser Room Layout
So, as far as I've seen the room layouts for the CP ships haven't been put up for voting yet but there is a room layout now in the Strike. Only half of the rooms are connected and the Entrance, Cockpit, Docking Bay, and Hangar Bay are all in the same spot. Did a room design get done for this and it was just never mentioned? If so are there additional levels and will stairs eventually be added?

Also if you dock in a vehicle you cannot board the ship because of an error saying: "You are not in a proper docking bay." not sure if this is related.

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png
Mainly due to the room map tool still being broken.

Maha Michi

This was answered here as well:
http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=60778&page=0

Maybe there will be a SIM news when the room maps are updated? You could watch for that.

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Maha, that thread didn't answer the question asked in this one. This thread is asking about the bizarre map that randomly started showing up when boarding the Strike. The previous thread was about when the designs entered into the contest would get voted on, something I somewhat doubt will ever happen anyway. If I was asking the same question I would have bumped the old thread, especially since I created it in the first place.

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png
I would guess that Gav started doing the maps, but because the tool is kinda broken it didn't work properly.

Ellias_sig6.png
Perhaps bit less related, but is that why the latest CP ships have ridiculous high room number?

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Kendall Holm

Room IDs or the amount?

SWC3dsUser.png
I meant ID, most ships its like 4-5 numbers, but my Veltraas are like so much longer.

MeandMine.png

Kendall Holm

Those are just Database keys and are automatically generated by the database itself

SWC3dsUser.png
Yeah I figured, just wondered why they jumped by so much.

MeandMine.png

Kendall Holm

Not sure .. I noticed the keys on the dev are nosebleed high too esp after we reset. We deleted all the chars on there and the new ones that got added would have huge keys.kind of strange

SWC3dsUser.png
Maybe the database is slowly becoming self-aware =P

MeandMine.png

Any updates on this front?

Kendall Holm

Was there any sim news stating there was?

SWC3dsUser.png
Seriously, we will let you know.

Anyway, Lilith:
Perhaps bit less related, but is that why the latest CP ships have ridiculous high room number? 

This is probably a result of the new ships being added after the room system was changed from per-entity to every ship of the same class sharing the same room ID. The ID field on the rooms table is still up in the millions, even though all of the pre-existing rooms were consolidated down to several thousand, so any new rooms added will have a giant key along the lines of what the old room IDs were getting up to.