137 are online

Year

Day

Time

04:30:57

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Flying through or into black holes causes death?
Kuro Neko

From Rules: http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Life_and_Death

3.1/ How can you die?

Flying directly into a sun or through a black hole.

220px-BHentropy.svg.png

I understand that if you sub-light into a sun or black hole you will die.

I also know that if you abort hyper and come out in a sun or black hole you will die.

But if your hyper path takes you through a black hole, will you be 'pulled out of hyper' and die? I don't mean aborting, I don't mean sub-light travel. I mean, simple hyper travel that takes you through a black hole's location but with the planned end point of the journey in normal space. (I have a member who may have died this way....)

Edited By: Kuro Neko on Year 14 Day 325 4:24

RSani002.gif
There is no god but Ara... All will walk his path...
The Faithful of Ara <--- (Warning: music link)
Ichiru Hanabusa

blackholes dont pull you out of hyper as far as i know?

Never heard of that happening, plus Interdictor grav generator has been broken for years so I wouldn't think Black Hole can use it.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
I have given my life to my people, my soul to Jou, and my heart to my wife.

Think that "through" just counts as if you travel in system with Black Hole and it is in your path. Perhaps your member just aborted hyper and was unlucky ?

Hyper has no effect. You just continue. It is only sublight/aborting hyper that could cause it.

Ellias_sig6.png
There is currently no code to pull you out of hyperspace for celestial bodies - and, if I remember correctly, even the code for interdictor ships was removed (because it was old) after it was deactivated, and will have to be rewritten when interdiction is reintroduced.