217 are online

Year

Day

Time

05:22:13

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Docking ships with characters inside.
Shobba Pau

A question regarding my personal safety.

If I dock a ship inside mine and it has a player inside, do they have the ability to board my ship?

Unless they changed things in the last few years, yes. Though you can't board theirs. If you haven't yet, I'd suggest adding doors to your ship.

ZE_Cronus_sig3.png
ZE-believer.jpg
Ichiru Hanabusa

only if there on the crew, so if you tractored them without adding them to your crew no, if they docked because you added them to the crew to let them. yes

Jesfa

I don't think ^ is correct.

I thought that they're free to deboard. Gonna test.

LoraxSig3copy.png
So did I Jesfa. At least that's how it used to be (one of the reasons people were thrilled when doors were added).

ZE_Cronus_sig3.png
ZE-believer.jpg
Jesfa

Confirmed.

You can unboard inside an enemy ship.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Ichiru Hanabusa

:( i thought that was just cause you put them on the crew to let them dock

Nope. By docking them inside your ship you are telling the system you are fine with them being inside your ship so crewlist is not necessary. However, if you had their ship docked inside your ship which was docked inside another of your ships/station, then they could leave their ship onto your ship. Then leave that onto your second ship/station. They would then be unable to return to their ship (I would also presume they cannot undock their ship too but you'd have to confirm that).

Ellias_sig6.png
Xakic Jix

When was this implemented? An old chc of mine was in a ship that tractored into another and I was locked in the original ship and could not board the main ship.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Err. Before doors were added? It's been around quite some time.

ZE_Cronus_sig3.png
ZE-believer.jpg
Xakic Jix

hmmm then there must be certain restriction to it or something. I have only experienced it once but I was locked on the ship that was docked with no way into the main ship.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Shobba Pau

Well then..

I can see why doors are so valuable. I can see some of the more nefarious sentients taking advantage of this.

photo avnew1.png
Six Stars is not enough...
Xakic, could be that there was no passenger room for you to move out of your ship. But it has been that way at least as long as I have been in SWC.

Ellias_sig6.png
Xakic Jix

Nah it was in a Quasar that the ship I was in got tractored too. Maybe it was just bad luck on my part..lol.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Shobba Pau

So you can tractor a ship and the other ship owner has no control over that?

If you tractor and dock their ship.. do you have to ability to board it?

You can not tractor any ship, owner has control. He must assign ship to person that will tractor it.

And if you do somehow tractor a ship or allow it to land within yours, unless you are added to the crewlist you may not board the vessel.

ZE_Cronus_sig3.png
ZE-believer.jpg
Dan Hakim

Just to clarify:

Bob allows Jim to dock in his Quasar. To do this Bob has to put Jim on the crewlist.

Jim has a passenger, Fred, who is not on the crewlist of the Quasar, can Fred still disembark from Jim's ship onto the Quasar even if he's not on the crewlist?

As I understood it, when trying to exit/board you can only do so onto entities you have permission to enter.

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
If it's docked, Fred can enter your vessel at any time, go on a rampage, then hide back on Jim's docked ship.