184 are online

Year

Day

Time

00:33:24

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 359 12:41
So, i've been gone for around a year. I seem to remember that there was some form of exploration being implemented at around that time. From what I understand, if you arrive in a sector with a planet, and you are the first one to be there, then you have discovered the sector and a gns flashnews comes up naming you as such.

Is this in any way accurate? If so, is it as simple as flying around random space looking for planets? Is there a skills equation involved somewhere? Are the planets found only in sectors, or in deepspace as well? What about west of the galactic core, in "empty space?"

Basically, is loading up a transport full of mats for slabbing a city and heading out into the black looking for unknown planets something that is possible within game rules?

BrevAninID.png
Year 14 Day 359 13:18
Basically, is loading up a transport full of mats for slabbing a city and heading out into the black looking for unknown planets something that is possible within game rules?

Yes.

Year 14 Day 359 13:21
Are there un-found planets out in the middle of nowhere to find?

BrevAninID.png
Year 14 Day 359 13:32
At any given time, there may be hidden systems (with or without planets) waiting to be found.

It's the System that is found, not the "planet" and not the "sector".

As to whether they are "in the middle of nowhere" there are no clues about where they are (to the extent any are waiting to be found). Unfair advantages and all that.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that if any are waiting to be found, they're *not* in systems that are visible on the Galaxy Map already. That should narrow it down a bit.

Year 14 Day 359 16:08
There are planets out there waiting to be found! Lots of space still unexplored. At least a few more races to be discovered, though I have no idea how many were implemented at once. But they exist. Go and find!

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 359 19:08
I would say there are at least 10 hidden systems as there are around that many hidden races still to be found (possibly more that the devs have added later) as well as other hidden systems.

But yes flying around you can randomly come accross one if you travel to a non-system co-ordinate. If you find a hidden system, you have 7 days until it shows up on the GNS flash news and the galaxy map.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 359 20:01
My next question would be, then, are there hidden systems that aren't connected to a hidden race?

BrevAninID.png
Year 14 Day 359 21:09
Year 14 Day 363 1:46
Jesfa

Like planets, there are a number of races in line to be added/are added over time.

Not every planet in the game is released, nor is every race, and the majority of the planets released don't have races attached.

There are considerably more than 10 systems out there that haven't been found.

LoraxSig3copy.png