234 are online

Year

Day

Time

17:39:33

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Why stagger release of new planets?
Lorenzas Atticus

Planets take billions of years to form. They do not just appear. If Admin has already designed the planets and know where they are going to be placed then why have they not already positioned all of them? The thought of having a planet pop up in territory I just left after searching it is disturbing.

Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson

They are positioned. They're just hidden until found. We don't know every star and planet in our galaxy, so I would assume that it'd be the same situation in the Star Wars galaxy.

That's got to smarts.
Jesfa

We position them in random intervals because it would be impossible to add them all at once. There's thousands and thousands of potential planets. Adding them all at once would take infinitely more time than the administration has to give.

Adding them in as we go along makes it easier on us, and ensure that we'll have planets to go around for years to come.

You don't have to own a planet/find one. Under the old galaxy what we had was what you had to work with, anything after the fact is now butter.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Lorenzas Atticus

I guess I did not realize there were that many planets that were going to be added. I assumed it was maybe a dozen.

Thanks for the responses.

A follow up on the planets/systems. When will they become player owned? Or are they going to be owned by Darkness indefinitely?

http://black-nebula-engineering.webstarts.com/?r=20130805205517

Looking for donations for Give freelancers the Galaxy fund.
The new Darkness-owned planets are homeworlds, and will never be owned by others. There are planets that are not Darkness-owned, so those can be colonized and "owned" per the population rules.

Edited By: Kay Dallben on Year 15 Day 20 12:24
^

They are Darkness owned to prevent players from controlling and then preventing player access to the new race's homeworld.

Ellias_sig6.png