264 are online

Year

Day

Time

09:47:11

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Yet another "Can't Log In" problem :)

Greetings!

I know this is a repeat problem, based on the previous posts I've found in my search for help, so forgive me for dumping fuel on this fire.

I just registered a new account as a new player, having only discovered this site yesterday. I received the validation email and confirmed my email address, however, I never had the chance to set up a handle or any of that yet, as I haven't been able to log in. Following the advice I've already found on the forums and stickies, I have tried clearing cookies, history, form data, etc, and I have tried three times using the "Lost Password" link. And each time I attempt to log in, the site gives me the message that I have entered either my handle or password incorrectly.

I am using Internet Explorer (although i do have Firefox on my main computer, and will attempt to use it later today). My email address is carina.i.valencia@gmail.com.

Do I need to wait for an admin to approve my account before I can log in, or is this a technical glitch?

Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson

Before you have a handle you need to use your email address to log in. As well, after you have a handle you can continue logging in using your email. Have you tried that?

That's got to smarts.

Yes, I've been trying to use my email to log in, since I don't have a handle yet. I've done it several times now, the last few times going as painfully slow as I possibly could so as to avoid any possibility of a typo. :P

But still nothing. Is there something else I'm doing wrong?

Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson

It's been a few years since I signed up but I do believe that the asims have to accept your account. It's always possible that your account was declined or they haven't gotten a chance to accept it yet. That's really the only thing I can think of though when it comes to getting signed up that'd prevent you from logging into the game to put in a handle request.

That's got to smarts.

Okay, that's kind of what I suspected. When I confirmed the email address, the site gave me the message that I could log in right then, but I'll be patient and see if I get any further emails or confirmations. Thanks for your quick reply. :)

Try it now.

We have been having this issue and are unsure why.

May your path be swift, and your pockets heavy:
Signatures.png

6kXRT.png

Nope, still nothing.

I tried the "Lost Password" option and logging in on Firefox again, still no luck. Any new developments?

The lost password feature has been buggy of late. Have you tried connecting to live chat, and talking to the helpers?

I haven't tried that yet. Which channel should I look for?

#swc-help

xvflKAn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium