Year

Day

Time

19:20:58

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 68 6:46
Hello,

I have been looking around for a while and I have noticed a few ships that have damage. I have also spoken with an individual who claims to be an ace (shot down 5 enemy pilots).

I know land combat is in beta on a certain planet. My question is has ship to ship combat been implemented yet even in beta? If not, how do ships become damaged?

mondo_gek_cit.png
Year 15 Day 68 6:50
Cassan Di`Thynite

Ship combat is not implemented, however ships can still be damaged, primarily through sunning.

tumblr_lovv7pCn581qizu52o1_500.gif
Year 15 Day 68 7:02
dosent sunning destroy the ship or is that just if its a fighter or smaller ship?

Ever Light Transportation

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg

Year 15 Day 68 8:21
Kendall Holm

Only small ships get destroyed. Large ships get damaged

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 15 Day 68 9:41
That makes sense... Thanks guys.

mondo_gek_cit.png
Year 15 Day 68 17:03
Some ships might also have damage from years ago when red scenarios were run which allowed RP combat etc.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 15 Day 69 10:16
As far as I know, they didn't actually apply damage from red scenarios. They only deleted those that were destroyed. I still have the YT2k I flew in the Nar Shadda battle, and it was severly damaged, but that was never reflected in the database.

It is possible that some GMs did apply damage, but I doubt it. Nar Shadda was one of the few actual space battles that took place. If they didn't apply damage to those ships, I doubt they would have on any others.

squallsig

And From A Darkness I Descend
Clenching A Torch Of Sweet Revenge

Year 15 Day 69 17:23
Ah, thought they had applied the damage.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 15 Day 77 4:02
A few years back, interdictors were enabled and could block entire systems with gravity wells. To prevent players from being completey trapped in a system in such a scenario, the option to jump into hyper from a gravity well was implemented and included a chance to damage your ship during the initial jump. I damaged a few light freighters that way.

Both features were turned off, though.

Y19.png
Year 15 Day 77 11:04
If you were trapped in such a senario wouldn't you just cross grids via sublight?

Signed, Jaster Krent.
Year 15 Day 77 12:02
Kendall Holm

You can do that? When did we add that feature

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 15 Day 77 12:32
Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson

As far as I know you can't cross between 2 galactic coordinates like you can on planetary coordinates.

That's got to smarts.
Year 15 Day 77 16:29
Quite impossible, as the other have said.

Year 15 Day 77 17:36
Oh, I thought you could. There's a lesson. Perhaps it would be worth implementing for such a situation.

Signed, Jaster Krent.
Year 15 Day 77 17:56
It was discussed at the time and determined that the distance between two adjacent systems would require years of travel time to go between. Hence the jump from grav well and take damge was introduced instead.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 15 Day 78 6:46
Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson

I'd assume that they'd just reimplement the gravity well damage vs that, Jaster.

That's got to smarts.