Year

Day

Time

06:59:59

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 15 Day 74 19:13
I've looked around the Combine and can't figure out how to assign custom images to player-owned ships. Is there a cost to do so? What is the accepted image size?

viuv-1.png
Year 15 Day 74 19:16
Maha Michi

- You click on the green numbers next to CP.
- Click on Exchange CPs.
- Scroll down to Custom Images
- Select New for "What you want to do"
- Select the entity type and fill in the other information
- Then click submit

Image restrictions are listed in that section.

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 15 Day 75 17:02
To add to that, each image costs 100 CPs.
If the combine is hosting/available for that ship you don't need to do anything, but choose the image you want your ship to be.

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 15 Day 75 19:45
Maha Michi

"If the combine is hosting/available for that ship you don't need to do anything, but choose the image you want your ship to be."
- Skeltsco

The initial image submission costs 250 CPs for the small and 250 CPs for the large, as I recall. Then CPs to apply after it is approved.

You might be referring to the publicly available customs? If so, then instead of "New" you would select "Public"; however, it didn't sound like what he was doing from his initial post.

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 15 Day 76 7:56
Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson

Maha is correct. The initial cost is 250CPs for the small (required) and an additional 250CPs for the large (optional). Then it's 100CPs per application to entities if I recall correctly.

As well, you can submit new public customs which will give you a small amount of CPs per other players applying them. I can't remember what they cost to create, however.

That's got to smarts.
Year 15 Day 76 11:15
Interesting. Does submission of new public customs require CP? Image-related stuff is something I generally like. I'd like to try my hand at creating public customs and/or cockpits...

viuv-1.png
Year 15 Day 76 11:27

You can't create custom cockpits. As for public custom images, they do cost CP to create but I'm unsure of if the creation cost is the same 250CP per 100x100 and 250CP per large or if its slightly cheaper.

That's got to smarts.
Year 15 Day 76 13:48
Cassan Di`Thynite

Creation cost for public images was the same as far as I'm aware.

tumblr_lovv7pCn581qizu52o1_500.gif
Year 15 Day 76 17:15
If yuo are going to make a custom ship image, it must be in a 3-d/photographic- realistic rendering/look?

CEO Black Nebula Engineering
CEO and founder of Sarif Industries
Year 15 Day 76 17:23
Kendall Holm

Yes .... we dont want your sketches or drawing book c/ps. Please

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 15 Day 77 18:09
Or be the lucky one and have a ship with a custom picture from 11 years ago..hehe.

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 15 Day 77 19:27
The art team has been known to go through the existing custom images and delete customs they feel don't follow the rules; it happened to a couple ships I bought years and years ago that had ugly rules-breaking customs on them.

If your ship still has something like that, either it does follow the rules closely enough and isn't quite on the level Kendall refers to, or you will one day find it mysteriously missing. :p

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 77 22:54
*cough* Kendall that's your cue *cough*

May your path be swift, and your pockets heavy:
Signatures.png

6kXRT.png
Year 15 Day 77 23:26
Kendall Holm

Deleted

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 15 Day 78 6:48

Ah yes. The great art purge. *sighs* That brings back some very fond memories...

That's got to smarts.
Year 15 Day 78 10:37
Not for me, I only remember the people who whined.

Year 15 Day 78 10:59

Wasn't that the best part of it, Jevon? All of the people crying about how their precise and rule breaking customs were deleted? i sure enjoyed that!

That's got to smarts.
Year 15 Day 78 14:58
Kendall Holm

Ienjoyed all the intentionally hostile image changes just to make us delete them .... like the images that said Fuck you all. Or "The ADMINS can kiss my ass". Or the ships with Thief all over them. those were fun to view

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 15 Day 78 16:45
I guess then that the art team is responsible for adding new cockpit images? Can the public submit them to the art team for possible approval?

How does that work.. there are so many entities that could use new cockpits.

Year 15 Day 78 17:30

Cockpit images follow the same image submission process as new ship images. You submit them in the public art team forum, the art team considers them and accepts/denies the image then said image is added to the game as the image for everyone's ship of that type if accepted. Then you get paid CPs.

That's got to smarts.
Page 1 2