314 are online

Year

Day

Time

12:21:08

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Old Dead Person Still Haunting?
Year 15 Day 100 20:48
I recently saw a ship owned by someone that should be dead/dropped. Yet this said ship is still owned by the person that should be dead/dropped?

entain_by_theone2k6-d5cyi1lol_zps697a7441.png
Year 15 Day 100 20:56
Maha Michi

Then they probably aren't dead. Rumors can happen. Also, if it is a really old character, you used to be able to fake ears/trophies.

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 15 Day 100 21:11
Well. I know who they are currently, so it was what made me ask here. Only thing I can think of is that they have an older account, but gave up and decided to make a new one? Unless there is some game stuff the was grandfathered in?

Year 15 Day 100 21:20
stuff can be made over to dead/dropped characters, that is also a possibility.

Year 15 Day 100 21:23
True. Suppose they could of done that to keep their name off of whatever they wanted to use?

Year 15 Day 100 21:27
Creating a new account is against the rules.

Year 15 Day 101 10:26
Thanks for stating the obvious? It is the entire reason I asked...

Year 15 Day 101 22:51
"Only thing I can think of is that they have an older account, but gave up and decided to make a new one?"

Then you shouldn't suggest such. If it's so obvious, this is the wrong place to report such suspicions and you should instead contact the ASims.

Year 15 Day 102 5:54
Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson

... Suppose they could of done that to keep their name off of whatever they wanted to use? 

There's a lot of (strange) reasons people make over entities to dead players. At one time it was possible to tell if a player was dead/dropped by attempting to make over an entity to them which would throw an error like "This player is dead." I'm sure before everyone knew this was no longer possible a lot of players had made over entities to dead players trying to find out if they were actually dead (in this case the character you're talking about). Also, as you said, it does provide a form of "identity security" to make over entities to a dead player. Though, honestly, it'd be just as easy and more secure to find an inactive nublet character, arrest them and hold them on your ship with yourself assigned as captain. Then you can get your entities back by simply executing the nublet character.

That's got to smarts.