257 are online

Year

Day

Time

07:07:32

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Where's did the Galactic Message Exchange area go?
Page 1 2 3
Xakic Jix

so few people interested in helping the staff. 

What help is needed? I know myself and others have offered to help in areas and are told "We are not looking for any help right now". So if people are offering help and are turned down then how are people not interested?

Edited By: Xakic Jix on Year 15 Day 235 12:51

mystats.php?uid=c8664

But there are helpers everywhere. If Xakic wants to help, why not have him tabulate the data? At the very least, he can go through a scenario, calculate (according to standard) the xp earned by player, submit it on the proper form and to the appropriate admin and then the admin can verify and complete the transaction.

This mitigates the direct role of admin time and gives a chance for those who are willing to help you to... actually help you. Admin still have to perform the due dilligence to verify, but that is unavoidable. It also gives a positive spin to White Scenarios as rewards for participation are seen and felt. If the XP is backlogged, then it isn't working as intended due to many factors (one such as help needed). The best facet about this game actually is its community. It is its single greatest resource and commodity. Why not pull from it again as it has been done before?

I know you (Syn) and many of the other Admin wear many hats. That's a lot of work and only one of you to go around to do it. If I were in your shoes doing what you guys do (and Working outside of the Combine) one of the last things in a day that I would want to do is read forum posts and assign 'grades' for XP. You have my thanks for keeping the game up and going, but you've got interested people willing to help, even if it is to just give you numbers on scenarios that have been forgotten.

What help is needed? I know myself and others have offered to help in areas and are told "We are not looking for any help right now". So if people are offering help and are turned down then how are people not interested?  

No one has ever been turned down in years, but you do have to undergo WS training. Contact Roan Axios for info.

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about, Navik; admins have never been involved in WSs beyond the actual XP distribution. The team itself has been player run for over a decade.

Closing this now since the actual GME discussion seems to be over. Please feel free to contact me with any further WS questions, or open a new question thread. Information for applying as a WS mod are posted on the WS board.

(Stay tuned for some roleplaying news coming later this week to a Sim News near you.)

Edited By: Syn on Year 15 Day 235 21:33

swcforumsig

Page 1 2 3