Year

Day

Time

15:27:09

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 16 Day 2 8:43
Sylvin Macflint

I've noticed on some stocks I've had that a certain amount of the assets were protected.
I thought it should be described under the faction rules but couldn't locate it.
What is the purpose of protecting assets?
Or where can I read of this function?
Thanks..

Year 16 Day 2 8:50
Cait Catra

I'm not sure where you can read up on it, but asset protection is a special function that allows factions (and people with the needed privs within that faction) to "protect" the assets by locking them down (of sorts) so that the assets cannot be made over without the faction owner "de-protecting" (or "un-protecting", I'm never sure which) them. It cannot be done, however, with personal assets, since nobody steals from themselves. I suspect the reason it's visible on faction stocks is because if a faction has all of its assets unprotected, it could possibly be completely cleaned out, which makes for an unhappy instance for investors.

"It never ceases to amaze me, the things that very small people can find to make themselves feel very big."
Year 16 Day 2 9:43
Xakic Jix

It also shows on the Stock so you can see how close a faction is to becoming a Gov. since a faction has to have at least 30% of there assets protected to become a Gov.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 16 Day 2 10:00
Sylvin Macflint

Thank you both very much..