Time

05:02:06

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 16 Day 29 23:22
Denton Dabbs

Hello my friends
quick question regarding some production
So, if I own a shipyard, and I contract some guy to start production in it, would he be able to start production using the RMs I own, or would he/his faction need to own them?

And would he be able to use RMs from an adjacent station that he doesn't have access to?

thank for your time

Year 16 Day 30 0:57
RM's have to be owned by him or if you like his faction, either will get the job done.
Productions, in SY must RM's be in.
Remember the shipyard has to be managed by the Production faction.

Follow up question.

Are you in a faction or a freelancer?
If freelancer you can jump into a Ship production faction and start the construction yourself, then you can talk to the leader and leave and pay once done.

Edited By: Skeltsco Ofsseto on Year 16 Day 30 1:02

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 16 Day 30 1:00
Loftano Drak

From the general rules, its already explained to a point your question, including the materials required access/ownership.

http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Production

With regarding adjacent stations, they do use RMs as long as the same rules of management/ownership applies (faction owned/managed/operator owned/crew listed/etc). But there is no selection of where the RMs can come from, in many cases we've had units extracted from several piles marked otherwise from adjacent stations/facilities.

So, if he cant access the adjacent station directly, unlikely he can use the RMs.

Year 16 Day 30 1:32
Denton Dabbs

Thanks for the answers guys.
I'm not in a position to be able to hop to a ship faction or i'd do it myself.

Ok I just read that link and it has
"
The materials used in production may be owned by:
the facility/station operator
the manager
the owner
the person starting production
or the faction of the person starting production (if the individual has Level 1 'Raw Materials' privilege)
"
which makes it sound like I should be able to own the RMs?
Kinda conflicting info, but i know the rules pages can sometimes be inaccurate

Year 16 Day 30 2:08
"The materials used in production may be owned by:
the facility/station operator
the manager
the owner
the person starting production
or the faction of the person starting production (if the individual has Level 1 'Raw Materials' privilege)"

It's true if you were in the faction and had production Privs. But you are "lending" the RM's to the contractor, he would be the one that:
1)the facility/station operator
2)*the manager/faction assigned to the SY*
3)the person starting production Who ever you are having construct the ship for you
or the faction of the person starting production (if the individual has Level 1 'Raw Materials' privilege)-which sums up 1 and 2.

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 16 Day 30 2:49
Loftano Drak

Don't be confused by the "owner" as being the client, you still need to be the operator to start it if you "own" the RMs yourself, but the entity still ends up belonging to the faction responsible.

Year 16 Day 30 3:01
Denton Dabbs

Ah, so 'owner' being the owner of the thing being produced?

Alright, thanks guys!

Year 16 Day 31 17:36
I have guys go to my sy's all the time and use rms I own. Rms owned by the station owner work just fine for me.