Time

18:39:48

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Anyone taking gear from NPCs
Year 16 Day 73 21:42
Icarus Carinae

With the new NPC control feature anyone in a faction can take gear from any NPC. I'm not certain if this is was possible before with Squad drop all, but I thought some level of privileges was required to do so previously. Is this an initial part of the new feature? I just find it odd that hardened soldiers would allow anyone to strip them of all their gear regardless of who they are so long as they are in the same faction.

Year 16 Day 74 16:46
Selatos

It should require an NPC management priv... assign NPCs seems most reasonable. I'll poke Lan to have a look at it and make sure and/or fix if necessary.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage
Year 16 Day 74 16:58
Lan Artemis Morbus

NPC Control is working as intended. You need to have the Assign NPC priv in order to see them in NPC Control if the NPCs are owned by your faction.

img.php
Year 16 Day 76 5:55
Icarus Carinae

This may have simply been due to a Squad: drop all. I'm not 100% on this but since everything seems to be in order I assume if someone is pilot of NPCs then they can issue all available commands with no faction privileges. At the time of writing I was rather frustrated and neglected to think of the obvious answer.