Day

Time

22:11:13

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » [Repair Feature] Shield/Ionic Regeneration
Greetings!

I just had this issue for a while, but i'm not sure if it is a bug or what.

See, i have a ship, which took some damage years ago. Now, with the new repair implementation, i managed o repait its hull. However, its shields and Ionic capacitance continue as they were, never recharging as per the rules.

Am i missing something? Is this a bug or just a dissabled feature?

Thank you.

Edited By: Narod Haler on Year 16 Day 165 4:47

334kf0h.png

A trip to where!!?? Well... it could be fun... After all, i never traveled in the vicinity of a black hole. What could go wrong? Let's do it!
Kendall Holm

There is no such thing as shield regeneration

SWC3dsUser.png
Lexor Gregain

Not true. Droids regenerate their shields. If ships can't do this, how do you fix their shields?

Selatos

Shield regen is only turned on for facilities and droids because they're the only ones that take shield damage right now. Other things will have it enabled when they are added to combat.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage
There is no such thing as shield regeneration

- Kendall Holm

But it is in the Repair Rules, Kendal: entries 3 and 4.

A dissabled feature for ships it is then. No problem.

Thanks, Selatos.

Kendall Holm

I wrote the Repair rules ... I am not sure where those came from. They might be really old

edit: not to mention why its even there. Shield regen is not really repair

Edited By: Kendall Holm on Year 16 Day 165 17:51

SWC3dsUser.png
Selatos

Shield regen is also covered on other pages, not sure why it was added to repair in the pre-Kendall rules. There's also some hilarious disagreement between the various descriptions of it on the rules pages. We'll get it tracked down and fixed soon.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage
Year 18 Day 73 17:51
Verse

Old thread.