Year

Day

Time

13:04:17

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 16 Day 206 7:58
There are two moons (3x3).
On one moon I built a Computer Control Centre and a Shield Generator in the middle.
On the other one, only a Shield Generator.

I haven't been able to land on the second moon for several years, because to pass through the shields I had to be added to the crew list of a CCC, but there was none.
But currently, I can land on the moon with no CCC...

On the first moon though, crime is high, and I want to improve it by removing the CCC. I will remain able to pass through the shields according to current rules.

But for the future: do I recycle the CCC on the first moon, or do I build a CCC on the second moon? How would the rules change in future. Does someone have some info?

Year 16 Day 206 8:15
Cedron Tryonel

Crewlisting for shield access also works for the shield generators too, not just the CCC.

Year 16 Day 206 11:18
Cait Catra

Yep, you only need to be on the crewlist for the SGen, especially in a situation where you only have one on the planet.

"It never ceases to amaze me, the things that very small people can find to make themselves feel very big."
Year 16 Day 206 11:33
Nathan Miller

I don't believe that is his question, he has shown that he knows that it currently works that way. His question seems to be whether the dev team believe it will remain that way as combat develops or if a CCC will become required to maintain that level of convenience, or if it will remain possible at all.

I'd guess that the answer would be that they don't know but have no plans to change it at the moment but that's just an assumption.

Edited By: Nathan Miller on Year 16 Day 206 11:36
Year 16 Day 206 11:41
Kendall Holm

We dont know. We only see whats in front of us currently anything else is blurry

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 16 Day 207 8:16
Cait Catra

I apologize for my apparent ineptitude, Mr. Miller. I was thrown off by
I haven't been able to land on the second moon for several years, because to pass through the shields I had to be added to the crew list of a CCC, but there was none. 
This made it sound like he was locked out of his moon for "several years" by dint of having no CCC; implying that he believed that a CCC was needed in order to get through the shields themselves.

"It never ceases to amaze me, the things that very small people can find to make themselves feel very big."
Year 16 Day 213 1:54
Ben Camden

There was a time when being on the crewlist/operator of a SGen didn't work, and you absolutely had to have a CCC to pass through.

Somewhere along the lines it got modified, though I didn't notice when.

How it'll be in the future is always a good question in SWC though, and even a plain, definite answer is not all that certain...

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government