Production
General
Min Capital: 70,000,000

You're kidding right?

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 16 Day 227 8:21
Charlena Halo

The registration fee must be wrong, when we did our vehicle faction, it was 25m with 50m capital. Thought the Ships was 70m with 35m fee?

Halo_Jedi_Sig6a_zps7kfowbuj.png
Year 16 Day 227 11:45
Tal Dorn

Just been informed by the owner of a newly created General Faction that; "Yes, the rules are 70M registration and 70M base capital."

I guess for those seeking to create a new faction, they most assuredly will have to have deep pockets since not only the registration fee has doubled by what was the highest production faction registration fee before, but DCs are costly too, and tied to member requirements who have to be paid as well.

Edited By: Tal Dorn on Year 16 Day 227 11:45

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 16 Day 227 11:58
Victor O`Cuinn

- Ship, vehicle, item, and droid production factions have been merged into a single general type. General production factions cost 70m to create

- Sims News

Read the Sims news people. It will explain a lot.

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png
Year 16 Day 227 12:23
Tal Dorn

Then the sim news should have stated General Faction registration fees are 70 million and Minimum Capital is 70 million.

Makes a production faction's REGISTRATION FEE larger than a Government's.

And you get squat for opening the faction unless you buy DCs.

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 16 Day 227 12:25
Simkin Dragoneel

Well, I am the first one who paid it, and also the one who suggested it back when we were discussing the type merger.

With the enhanced capabilities to make all production types and all the facils of all 4 of the old types it makes sense.

Good thing I got deep pockets :D

Join Faerytail!
SWC VIDEO Tutorials!
Faerytail Do NOT Trade List

q8scw75
Year 16 Day 227 12:30
Tal Dorn

Great for those who base their IC relations on gaining wealth, not so much for those who are altruistic in their makeup.

I guess the game of SWMonopoly continues, just when I thought it was getting better.

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 16 Day 227 12:46
Find a benefactor? I mean, what are you doing with a production faction if not to try to use it for someone/some group who either is wealthy already, or for yourselves to gain wealth?

There are other faction types you can create that still remain relatively inexpensive. Plus, there's nothing stopping you from owning some factories/SYs/etc and just using a production faction for assignment purposes.

Interaction...try it out.

Year 16 Day 227 13:37
Geoff Jackson

Mr. Dorn, there are plenty of opportunities for people to startup new companies. Become affiliated with an existing one, find an investor - the list continues. I have founded and ran CorEx on a basis of altruistism, so all you have to do is find someone and ask for help.

Just after 24 hours after the sync and EVERYONE is slaving away on the complaints.

Geoff Jackson
geoff_jackson_cit.png
gwin.png

Year 16 Day 227 14:30
Tal Dorn

I too have based our organization(s) on true altruism - The Ashla Covenant offers many services free of charge and caters to the New Adventurer out there. The way the Guardian Rescue Corps operates, anyone is able to operate a medical division without the additional headaches of silly additional production costs or DC rentals - if they wanted to operate in that fashion.

Both organizations are successful in their intentions.

I was hoping to open our Guardian Engineering Corps and have it operate as does our GRC.

But - the additional 35 million in registration fees and the added Generic DCs costs not planned for is making it a little more challenging, but we like challenges.

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 16 Day 227 15:19
Victor O`Cuinn

And the sell of one ship could get back that extra cost. This move is a great one IMO. It might prevent everyone from starting their own company thinking they are going to become billionaires over night.

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png
Year 16 Day 227 16:34
Tal Dorn

Agreed, but since becoming billionaires is not our objective, its as stated before a little more of a challenge for us,

"And the sell of one ship could get back that extra cost." - that is precisely why we want to have our own production means with DCs, it helps us become a little more self reliant

Since we are a non-profit organization(s), being raked over the coals is something we try to avoid through interaction with other organizations and being lucky enough to have individuals and organizations as benefactors. - having the benefits of owning our own production faction will assist us in becoming more self reliant and we would not have to depend on the good nature of our benefactors all the time. It would also, perhaps, be a means to give back to those who have helped us give to others.

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 16 Day 227 17:15
Victor O`Cuinn

I am a little confused. You say you are not trying to be profitable, yet you want to be more self reliant. It takes money to make money. If you are not wanting to make money then pick one of the cheaper faction types and live a merry existence. If you are wanting profit, then pay the extra fee and build a ship and sale it. It really isn't that difficult when you look at it.

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png