Day

Time

20:51:14

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Ethan wants to know - many subjects
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
"Gods" implies an IC interest, which the ASIMs do not have.

Ethan Travis

What does IC stands for ? In my line of work all I can think of is Industrial capacity :D

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
"Gods" implies an IC interest? Looking at all the currently popular RL "gods", they apparently lack any interest in what's going on around here ... just like ASims do IC.

Yeah, in an RPG, "Gods" implies an In-Character interest. Arguable regarding the RL God(s).

Cait Catra

I tried to arrest the last few I found, but there's not even an arrest button for them :(

Ethan Travis

I have noticed that some individuals - Syn for example - avatar and signature changes constantly, how do they do that? Can anyone do that, or just SWC team members?

Edited By: Ethan Travis on Year 16 Day 273 10:07

EthanTravis
It's not SWC Team members, and it's not possible now. It's from the old rules/way of hosting images, where you were permitted to have your SWC avatar link to an offsite hosting of the image. Syn and others use an image rotating script or something like that to rotate their images on their hosted server.

It's still possible to rotate your signature that way, since the Signature is a user-editable html-enabled field.

You'll also notice some people with GIF's as their Avatars, which is also a grandfathering of old rules that are no longer possible.

Similarly, some characters have a single name, which again, is old rules where you were permitted to only have 1 name. It's not possible now.

Ethan Travis

Thanks for the speedy answer.

EthanTravis
Signatures such as mine and Syn's are rotated by linking to a php script instead of an image (signature.php instead of signature.jpg, for example).

The avatar rotating is done the same way, but as Kay pointed out is no longer possible for new changes because avatars have to be uploaded to SWC's servers now.

Victor O`Cuinn

and IC stands for In Character. And you will see people use OOC as well which means Out Of Character.

IC is the toon you play, and how you act as that toon. OOC is you, as in the person behind the keyboard.

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png
Ethan Travis

Thanks for the answers!!!

EthanTravis
Although technically you could arrest an ASim they can simply access you account and unarrest themselves anyway, so it isn't an issue. But they generally hang around on their Acclamators anyway.  

I know that's somewhat true, but I don't believe it goes that far. According to the rules, even a level 0 could A/E a 7.5 with a really lucky RNG roll. I know it would be hostile to your health, but so is floundering around the galaxy making pennies. I'm not the one to be doing it, but, given an infinite amount of chances and no repercussions, isn't it so that a new player could arrest a vet?

Ichiru Hanabusa

Cait:

ghost.png

the button was there not long ago

Ethan Travis

How do you claim undiscovered planet? What do you need to do it ?

EthanTravis
Usually it ends up having to be slab bombed - where you build slabs to cover the planet, then build up enough population to control it and let the remaining slabs decay. However if you are wanting to own it personally, you will have to build shield generators, or give it all population buildings to a faction for safekeeping. Players technically can't own planets unless they are 100% shielded.

Ethan Travis

How do you slab ?

EthanTravis

Edited By: Gilbert Reed on Year 16 Day 286 5:41
Ethan Travis

So all I need to claim a place on a undiscovered planet - some builders, some amount of resources and 1,500,000 creds ? Yes?

EthanTravis
Year 16 Day 286 8:22
Assuming you Found a planet:

http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Cities#City_Prices_and_Value

More than 1,500,000, since A) could be a different terrain; B) the Atmosphere could be hostile, and C) you'll need to cover the facility construction cost as well.

Ethan Travis

I see thanks for the info

EthanTravis
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11