Time

22:13:36

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Ethan wants to know - many subjects
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Ethan Travis

So even if I discover a system , I would still need to be in a faction with privileges to secure the said planet?

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
Memnoch

Nope, you need money to slab it all and RMs to build a space station on it`s orbit, but owning faction is the best and cheapest way to secure a planet.

Facilities and stations don't have DCs like other entities. You just have to be in a correct faction and then build for that faction and they will make it over to you once you've paid.

Per securing a system/planet, slabbing is the only resort for someone on their own. However people scanning for systems seem to either work for a faction and are set up to build facilities/SGs to secure control of the planet for their faction, or work with a faction they trust to own the relevant facilities to control the planet in their stead.

Ellias_sig6.png
Ethan Travis

I already compiled a DB of possible system locations. All I want are some city slabs and guarantee that I will be able to access them :D

EthanTravis
Year 17 Day 17 14:38
Deleted Post
Deleted by Kyle Rainer. Reason: Bunny Loving is for me.
Ethan Travis

How do you use(transport) cargo containers, in this case Class-A Cargo Container.

Do you need a tractor beam for a ship to load them , or you can just board them and then dock them in the ship like a regular star fighter ?

EthanTravis
You cannot pilot them, only tractor beam them into docking bays.

Ethan Travis

Does the ship need a docking bay for it also or just the tractor, like a heavy freighter.

Also how do you get that centrapoint trade stat signature that people have?

Edited By: Ethan Travis on Year 17 Day 20 6:39

EthanTravis
Thali`a N`ightshade

Docking cargo containers http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=58717&page=0

And iirc you can use totos from CPM earned from feedback to purchase the CPM statusbanner for a limited time I think.

It comes under the FAQ and totos on the CPM page.

Ethan Travis

What is vigor ?
http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Items&ID=76

EthanTravis
A legacy Skill that used to affect HP. It was (oh... 5+ years ago?) merged into Strength.

The description is invalid, those do not affect skills any longer.

Assuming I get permission from the faction that item belongs to, I intend to re-do the description on that, including any potential stat bonuses that might still be involved.

Way back when, though, Vigor was a health stat. As mentioned, it was merged into Strength; back then, Strength only affected how much you could carry. That health bonus you get from it now? That's Vigor in action.

Pfft, vigor didn't help me in that sun back in year 6.

Dante, do you actually need permission to rewrite descriptions?

Strictly speaking, no.

Before I do ones that are directly related to a faction - for instance, the Snow Trooper Backpack, which is clearly tied to the Galactic Empire - I like to see if I can get endorsement for it, and in doing so dig around for any information that I can use in the description.

Again using the Backpack example, I described the standard loadout as it is in 'canon', but perhaps the Combine's Empire had a completely different one. And as this is the Combine and not canon, this would result in a pretty shoddy description by virtue of it being horribly inaccurate.

These factions may also have people already working on that description for all I know. And besides, it's just polite.

Ethan Travis

Stored in Item: Toolkit Toolkit (#5589360)
Carried by: Nekrym Deneris (#3871487)
On: temperate/breathable Bothawui (#3734)
An error occurred when fetching location: #0

Is it a bug?

Also- how do you produce items with custom images, how do you do that? Can only factions do it , or an individual can also do it?

Edited By: Ethan Travis on Year 17 Day 47 5:52

EthanTravis
That does look likea bug of some sort.

If you think about it, only factions can produce. So yes, only factions can have production DC images. The leader applies for them just like other custom images.

Ethan Travis

Thanks for the answer.

Is there any way to change the surname of the character ?

EthanTravis
Not unless you have a very good reason to change it. Very good meaning real life connections to your in game name or some very dirty joke. Otherwise its death for you.

Ethan Travis

Em what about ''marrying'' do then I get to change or no? Cause Travis- that is like name of the British band or something. People occasionally point why I have two names :D

EthanTravis
Marriages typically last about half a year at -most- on this game, in my experience. And it's just a flavor thing, really. No reason you can't just introduce your character with the alternative surname, or slap it on after your current one.

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11