324 are online

Year

Day

Time

14:08:01

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 16 Day 274 15:12
just opened faction merc type not production type I under stand it does not come with any data cards for any sort of production?

on the faction creation page many things are listed that the merc faction can build but Im not seeing any data cards for any of them so if they don't come with the faction how does one get there claws on some data cards?

Ever Light Transportation

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg

Year 16 Day 274 15:34
If you mean facilities & stations, they do not show up on the DC page. They are just available when you go to build them.

For ships/vehicles etc, there aren't any listed on the rules page so its understandable why you do not have them.

Year 16 Day 274 21:16
thanks Jevon so how do I go about getting a data card assigned is it something I need to pay for then?

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg

Year 16 Day 274 21:26
Merc groups don't get datacards for ships/vehicles/items. Only manufacturing groups do.

The only other way to "get DCs" is by renting them from groups that have them, but they'll never be yours truly.

Year 16 Day 274 21:31
Kray, gove a apecific example (entity) you want. I think we will be able to help more then.

Year 16 Day 274 21:55
say corona say I wanted to build one.

or a battle droid.

also another question about stock how does that work?

faction comes with stocks or It needs to generate them what are they for is it a good idea to get/make some to use sell trade with?

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg

Year 16 Day 275 1:34
Ichiru Hanabusa

Ypu would need to get s gov to assign you s corona dc to a shipyard. Then you need a manufacturing faction to manage the shipyard and a member of it to start the production.

Stocks give ownership to whoever owns 51% if no one owns 51% there is no owner

Year 16 Day 275 10:07
You chose the worst possible faction if you want stocks and production, Kray.

Merc groups can only have (members/5)x1 stocks. So with minimum numbers, you get *1* stock. They are not corporations so much as a group of people following a leader, so ownership via stock means you only get so many. Ten members could be construed as a partnership of mercs, so you'll get two stock, meaning you have two owners (that can both move leaders in or out, move assets in or out, etc.)

As far as producing your own ships, that's not going to happen from within your group. You have to speak with others to get DCs, then you have to have them assign theirs to your factories/stations, then you need to assign the factory or station to a production group, then you have to have a hopper go to their faction and produce that item. Don't forget, also, that the mats for that entity need to be held by the producing faction and your hopper needs appropriate privs to produce. They also bear the cost of production on them, so you'll need to work out a deal to pay them to get your entity.

Merc factions are designed around what merc group are supposed to do, which is not production. If you want to know what you can do with your one stock after you create it, you can:

1) Sell it to someone to sell the faction
2) Use the stock page to change leader of faction. (If you ever are not leader yourself, such as if you actually start a production group and are sitting in that group.)
3) Use the stock to get an status overview of the faction. (When not in the faction itself.)
4) Use the stock to protect/unprotect faction assets. (When not in faction itself.)

Basically, it's redundant if you are going to remain as leader of the Merc faction, but if you don't plan to stay there, then the stock will be necessary for you.

Year 16 Day 275 10:55
If you want to produce things you make a production faction. Yu chose a merc faction, so really you should just buy what you need from other factions. Your job is to protect or kill, not produce.

Year 16 Day 275 13:32
I want to thank you both very much for your very detailed answer's that is the exact type of response I was hoping for Mr Reed thank you again.

when I chose my faction type I made no mistake and I knew what I was getting into I have done my research.

I was just making sure that the info I had gathered up to this point about how I would hafta go about producing things was accurate it was indeed.

An armed transportation company has little need for production as jevon stated.

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg

Year 16 Day 275 15:49
Ichiru Hanabusa

Reed, i think the bit about limited stocks on mercs is outdated, as when i had i merc i *think* i remember being able to issue any number of stocks

Year 16 Day 275 16:34
It's not outdated unless it's been changed in the past few months.

Year 16 Day 275 16:55
can we get an Asim to confirm?

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg

Year 16 Day 275 20:07
You can confirm yourself, Kray. See how many stock you can issue by just going to try issuing. Try issuing five or so. It'll let you know when you try, and you can always reissue more later provided you hold 100% of stock.

Year 16 Day 275 23:47
ok tried to issue got 2 messages.

An error occurred: You have reached the maximum amount of stocks available for this Faction Type

the other message said that I have issued stocks and I can reissue more later.

Stocks that you own Stock value Status Report functions
Ever Light 1 = (100.00%)

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg

Year 16 Day 276 3:49
There you go. Still only (members/5)x1.

When/If your group expands to 10,15,etc members, you'll be able to issue more stock.

To do so, you go to your stocks inventory and select from the drop-down next to your stock. It'll give you an option to reissue there.