248 are online

Year

Day

Time

19:51:08

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 17 Day 39 8:45
*** DISCLAIMER *** I tried to search for the answer to this, but could not locate it either on the forums or in the rules but may have missed something. If I did, please accept my sincerest apology and do not attempt to crucify me.

Now that we have that out of the way, I was wondering what happens to entities located inside a facility if it gets destroyed? For example, if someone destroys a starport full of PCs, NPCs, ships, etc do those entities get destroyed as well? Are the entities with HP or Hull points damaged, but survive? Does everything miraculously just appear on the ground in the now vacant location?

If I am to die this night, I would see that the night does not pass quietly.
Year 17 Day 39 8:51
its actually a good question, because facility destruction was only recently added on Derra.

Year 17 Day 39 8:53
I believe they appear to the top-left of the facility, in the square directly adjacent the corner. For example: the top-left corner of the facility is at (1,1), so the items and other entities would appear at (0,0).

Don't quote me on that, though.

Year 17 Day 39 8:59
Selatos

Dante is correct. Facility contents are ejected when it is wrecked, and wrecked facilities cannot be boarded.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage
Year 17 Day 39 9:06
Okay, do quote me on that.

Year 17 Day 39 9:26
What if the facility is recycled? Does the same thing happen?

newcreate.php?text=Kathlen%20Stewart&name=MissBrooks.ttf&size=40&style_color=FF0000
Year 17 Day 39 9:38
Pretty sure it's the same in all cases of a facility disappearing, be it due to wrecking or recycling.

Year 17 Day 39 11:58
Simkin Dragoneel

When we tested facility destruction via combat the ejection system worked fine, so if things are not ejected it is a bug.

Recycling always destroyed everything in the facility ever time I was called on to test it in the past. Which is why it was coded in that you couldn't recycle anything with a PC in it so players were not killed in the process as they were before. We never had to test everything being ejected via recycling so I am 99% sure that was not coded in.

Join Faerytail!
SWC VIDEO Tutorials!
Faerytail Do NOT Trade List

q8scw75
Year 17 Day 39 12:20
I tested this on derra the week it came out. NPCs, droids, and items are ejected undamaged. I couldn't find a willing PC to stay inside as I destroyed it.

jesbDYa.jpg

Fights like Hurricane, Killing, Ecstasy, Insane.
Year 17 Day 39 12:51
FYI, from the Mining with Explosives testing, PCs etc. were ejected from the mine as it collapsed. Just to mention another thing that ejects when the facility is destroyed.

Despite recycling something being the only current way to 'delete' an item, I do wonder whether it's worthwhile having recycling also Eject everything, for consistency.

Year 17 Day 39 13:21
Cait Catra

It's not the only way anymore. You can now sell items to NPC shops, whether you own them or not, and that deletes them as well (or at least removes them from your presence, where they go after that is probably akin to where socks go in the dryer).

Year 17 Day 39 20:27
Selatos

Recycling doesn't wreck the facility before removing it, so it doesn't eject the contents. Everything else damages it, and then if the hull is too low it is converted to a wreck, triggering the same code to remove things. Recycling might need some improvement to be more consistent in this manner, I suppose.

NPC shops do delete items :-). Not sure how many people have used it for that as the return is quite low, but I had hoped it'd at least effective if you wanted to dump a bunch of stuff or tactically harm someone by selling all of their Bacta.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage
Year 17 Day 40 7:25
I've made use of it for the latter, and I freely admit it. In the absence of combat or the ability to hit convoys and the like, it's the next best thing.

Year 17 Day 40 8:16
Thali`a N`ightshade

Saw you mention that a little while back Cait. Good to know, just haven't had a chance to do it...yet ;)

photo ThalJDnew_zps74605fe0.png