Time

11:22:31

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Repair/Shield Regeneration
Year 17 Day 45 7:24
Tal Dorn

After having a ship repaired, the shields have not regenerated.
Is shield regeneration working and if not is it a bug that should be reported?

I posted something eluding to this in the recent suggestion topic; "New Positioning System"
- "The recommended hyper travel... well can we finish some other recent implementations before installing this? I mean it would be nice if the "new" Repair system would finally include shield regeneration before the new hyper system allows for; "...an obstacle that damages your ship, ...".".

Selatos, thankfully answering some questions (outstanding), in the same topic referenced; "Repair does work, it was released sometime last year. If there are bugs they should be fixed.".

Is shield regeneration a part of Repair? Is it working for any others who have tried repair?
7/ Shield Recharge
Shields recharge at a rate of 2% of the maximum shield value per hour.

Example
If maximum shields are 2000, 2% of 2000 is 40 points. Therefore, the shields will recharge at the rate of 40 points of shielding per hour.

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 17 Day 45 7:34
Kendall Holm

Shields are not part of repair. When I implemented it, I did not include that. But f the rules state they are to recharge then you bug base it.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 17 Day 45 8:31
Tal Dorn

Kendall, thank you.
Before jumping the gun on this and going to the bug base, do you know if it actually is a bug since it was not added or rewritten with Repair?

Or if the shield recharging was/is to become a separate action rather than a part of Repair?

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 17 Day 45 8:51
Selatos

There is a shield regen part of the code, but perhaps it hasn't been extended to include ships yet, for some reason. The rules on shield regen are somewhat inconsistently written--they will all operate the same way, but they are actually written to behave differently in multiple places. Droids and facilities with shields should regenerate currently.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage
Year 17 Day 45 11:09
At the moment the code only has droids and facilities regenerate shields.

So yes, shield regeneration is working as coded, it just does not affect ships at this time.

ted_winner_sig.png
Year 17 Day 45 12:42
Tal Dorn

Thanks Selatos and Ted.

So, will it work; "before the new hyper system allows for; "...an obstacle that damages your ship, ...".?

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 17 Day 46 21:29
Shield and ionic recharge for ships will come before the hyperspace changes, yes

ted_winner_sig.png
Year 17 Day 51 3:20
Tal Dorn

Thank you everyone involved!!!!! Now we are ready to go dust crops and worry a bit less about those pesky "obstacles".

Sync Report Year 17 Day 50
Rules:
- Updated to reflect actual shield and ionic recharge values.

Features:
- Added ship and vehicle shield and ionic recharge

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png