Day

Time

22:16:25

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 17 Day 79 16:23
Venari Haliat

I am curious about this, how do people go about sunning themselves? do they just go to the sun squares and descend?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 79 16:29
Flying into the sublight square of a sun is all you need. You'll never have the chance to descend.

Y19.png
Year 17 Day 79 19:39
Don't do it Venari!

eFXDbD5.jpg

WmHI3fW.png

Year 17 Day 79 19:41
Venari Haliat

I am not sunning myself I am retrieving a ship that had just been sunned.

- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 79 19:52
I forgot to add the :P

I saw you say something about that the other day.
Still going to get it huh!
You must really want that ship.
Otherwise you could just sell it and let someone else take the risk :)

eFXDbD5.jpg

WmHI3fW.png

Year 17 Day 79 20:15
Venari Haliat

Unfortunately I do not want someone else to get killed because I was lazy.

Good thing I got it now.

- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 79 22:42
Jesfa

Upon hitting the sun, it should kill the pilot (maybe the crew too? I think only unconscious though) and if its a freighter or capital it should skip off the sun 1 square over and be damaged. Fighter subclasses are just destroyed.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 17 Day 80 0:16
I recall it just being Super Capitals or Capitals that skip off with heavy hull damage and all their passengers being killed off? 'course it could just be very bad memory.

Year 17 Day 80 1:44
Simkin Dragoneel

"All ships except fighters and gunboats sustain hull damage (30% to 50%), ionic damage (15% to 35%), and shield loss (25% to 60%) and are moved one square to the left, away from the sun (if the sun or blackhole is at X-coordinates 0, then the ship is moved 1 square to the right). The pilot is killed if he is in control of the ship (piloted mode)."

Also as I have mentioned before in other posts, there is a known bug that a sun damaged ship with say "Orbit of Sun xxxx" and actually isn't in the coordinates of the sun.

Join Faerytail!
SWC VIDEO Tutorials!
Faerytail Do NOT Trade List

q8scw75
Year 17 Day 80 8:48
The ship should have been pushed out to one square to the... Right? It may still read that it is in the sun in your inventory. That itself is a known bug. However, if you look at the system map, you will see that the ship is not on the sun, but the one square over. keep this in mind :p

newcreate.php?text=Kathlen%20Stewart&name=MissBrooks.ttf&size=40&style_color=FF0000
Year 17 Day 84 9:02
Memnoch

Descending to a sun's ground will not kill you, once one idiot tried to kill me by sunning on GR-75, too bad for him there was a bug that turned off sunning, but it was an interesting experience to feel the hot helium enveloping you. And too bad for me I could not kick him out of the ship, to swim in that hot ocean.

Year 17 Day 87 2:03
So shouldn't you be dead? If the asims will resurrect a player who died from a bug, shouldn't they also kill players who didn't die due to a bug? :P

Y19.png
Year 17 Day 87 23:32
Jesfa

He wouldnt have died anyways, he was in a Gallofree that would kill the pilot, knock the passenger unconcious, and then just move the crippled ship over a square.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 17 Day 88 5:36
Esu Kyouto

Jesfa has it right. Pilot dies, passengers are all knocked out. It's also worth noting it is impossible to destroy a ship when sunning no matter how many times it is sunned be cause it takes damage as a multiple of its remaining hit points.

Year 17 Day 88 5:47
Andre Lauche

There was a bug years ago and not only did I descend down to the sun but placed a city. Quite a few days after I was admin killed, the city popped up on the NPC market. :o

><br />
</div></body></html>
Year 17 Day 88 7:07
Totally worth it. Your toon literally Walked on the Sun.

Year 17 Day 89 12:15
Crane Baxa

I did retrieve a while back a YG-4210 that was sunned. Still holding onto it but you can still get it but you have to use good sensors to find it near the sun and be VERY CAREFUL plotting around it.

BG6Bplu.gif
Year 17 Day 89 18:21
So the effect will vary depending on ship type. Is there any type where passengers are also killed?

Year 17 Day 89 18:51
Simkin Dragoneel

It's almost like someone didn't paste the rules that answers all this.....

Join Faerytail!
SWC VIDEO Tutorials!
Faerytail Do NOT Trade List

q8scw75
Year 17 Day 90 2:40
Ethan Travis

-_- duh. nobody reads rules, I thought it was a common knowledge.

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
Page 1 2