Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Questions - many subjects
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Year 17 Day 256 9:41
Fritjof Blom

Same as if the items were unpackaged.

Relevant video
Year 17 Day 256 10:10
So it's the sum of the individual items' weights and volumes, right?

p6mNL3w.png

R%60Kayvyss_Qoukiir_Citizen.png
Year 17 Day 256 11:53
Thali`a N`ightshade

Think of a crate as clingfilm (UK term maybe) but that plastic film you wrap around food etc. Packages it up but everything else stays the same.

I'm sure I read that somewhere once before.

photo ThalJDnew_zps74605fe0.png
Year 17 Day 256 12:14
Thanks!

EDIT: Something just doesn't add up. Recently, I purchased two batches of large backpacks. Two batches are 14 backpacks, packaged into two containers. If the replies I just got are right, those two packages should amount to the same volume as the sum of those 14 backpacks which totals 42 cubic meters. However, my YT-2000 can carry up to 35 cubic meters. So how could I cram 42 into 35? Am I missing something? Or is there a bug?

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 256 18:56

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 257 6:18
Dev has the Large Backpack stats as 0.005 and 2.5, giving the total of 35m3 for 14 of them. Main's rulespage has 0.005T and 3m3, throwing the 42m3 total out there. I check the Large BP I'm wearing, and it's 0.005 and 2.5.

The Rulespage is wrong, somehow. Not sure how that can happen cause it just pulls from the DB AFAIK. Submit a Rules Update thread and they'll get to it eventually.

Year 17 Day 258 10:52
Can a watercraft like the Benetti B-68 or the Revenant Wavespeeder be loaded/unloaded between a ship's hangar bay and a river/ocean?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 258 11:57
Lexor Gregain

If the terrain is not listed under the vehicle's restricted terrains, it can be unloaded there.

Year 17 Day 258 13:19
So then, may I understand that a ship can crossterrain to an ocean? I have not done that because I don't want to get an unpleasant surprise. So, let's say I take a Simiyar to the ocean that surrounds Bak`Tana and unload a Revenant Wavespeeder much like a RL yacht would do with a Jet ski or, in some other cases, a speedboat or even a smaller yacht. Is that possible?

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 258 13:49

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 258 13:43
Ships Fly, so the ones that can "land" (that is, Descend to the ground layer in the first place) are able to cross-terrain regardless. They are not subject to terrain restrictions.

Year 17 Day 258 13:51
Thanks!

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 266 10:29
The Equipment page has an option named "Move Items: Load Entity" useful for moving loads between ships (and maybe other entities) without entering the target ship. Is there a limitation to this feature? Should anyone be crewlisted before this feature to work in trading scenarios?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 266 11:11
Lexor Gregain

You must be on crewlist in order to load into it.

Year 17 Day 266 11:43
Being in a faction you trust and being in a corvette class ship or larger that is owned by said faction would be a way to prevent yourself from being arrested during trades.

Another option would be too have two ships, squad them and give crewlist access to one of the ships while you are on the other. Or have a ship that can carry an escape pod, move it out of your ship when you arrive at your destination, give crewlist access to the escape pod and have the items loaded into it. Then pick it up again after the trade is complete though make sure you have checked for passengers and removed crewlist access after.

Year 17 Day 266 13:52
Thanks.

Dol Ka, you read between lines correctly. In case of capitals not owned by factions, would it also accomplish it by staying within a docked ship? Crewlist the seller to the capital, and stay inside a docked ship where the seller is not crewlisted?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 266 14:14
I believe it works when they are owned by factions only.

Hiding in docked ships or vehicles can work but it is riskier because if somebody entered your capital and refused to leave then you are stranded without any way to make the intruder leave.
Most ships that have docking bays and can hold ships of decent size typically have a party size of 12. Meaning if you have to leave via a docked ship you would have to leave your capital ship to be picked up at a later time.

It would be easier to have two ships that you can squad together and use one for item pickup. Or use any of the previous mentioned methods. You could place locks on your ship but if the person has an electronic lockbreaker they could break through them and get to you.

Rule of thumb is to never give access to the ship or vehicle you are on. If you wish to remove any chance of being arrested then only use ships/vehicles you own and not owned by any faction. Using an escape pod or a ship that can be placed in a squad is most likely the cheapest method.

Year 17 Day 266 14:18
Lexor Gregain

That would work. Personally, if I had to be in the in the drop-off ship, I would lock the door to the cockpit, tell the seller to load into my ship, and then kidnap his ass if he sets foot aboard.

Year 17 Day 266 16:35
If someone manage to set foot in one of my ships, am I notified? If so, am I notified also when he leaves?

p6mNL3w.png

Year 17 Day 266 16:42
Raidan Spike

In the cockpit there is a tab labelled 'Events'. Details of anyone entering or exiting the ship are shown there. If there is an event for someone entering but not exiting, it's a good bet they are still on board.

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Year 17 Day 266 16:42
Venari Haliat

Only if you have a droid like that eye ball thing I think. There may be another method I am not yet aware of.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 266 16:50
The TT-8L Sentry?
main.jpg

How does it work? Could it notify me while being on a different location? E.G. Droid is at the entrance, I am in another ship.

EDIT:
In the cockpit there is a tab labelled 'Events'. Details of anyone entering or exiting the ship are shown there. If there is an event for someone entering but not exiting, it's a good bet they are still on board. 
But I have to be in the same ship as the intruder, right?

Edited By: R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on Year 17 Day 266 16:52

p6mNL3w.png

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9