195 are online

Year

Day

Time

22:46:27

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 17 Day 185 12:43
So my company(NovaStar) recently "had" to move our HQ. Well now that we have the new one ready we can't access the HQ DC to the new facility because by not having an HQ we can't access the DCs.

Yes I know i should have figured this out ahead of time but I got information from others to GET to this point and now they are stumped too. So pointing out my lack of intelligence and/or preparation isn't going to help anyone now. So the following info will help get to the core of the matter:

- yes recycling has been completed on the old HQ

- the rules say we get our DC back within 24 hours of recycling completion but it's been more than 24 and no we don't have it yet

- yes we have the new facility built and powered

- I've tagged it "NovaStar HQ"

- it has been set open to all

- but as I stated now with no HQ (recycled) we have no access to the DC to assign it

I'm very lost now. Any info out there? Thank you all so very much

It is common that in the final moments are when beings show you who they really are.
Year 17 Day 185 13:18
How do you "have the new facility built and powered" if you don't have access to the DC to build it?

It's been a long time since I recycled a HQ to build a new one but I am pretty sure the process didn't include converting an existing facility to a HQ. That's only when you initially form a faction.

Year 17 Day 185 13:50
Jay's right. You don't convert except when you FORM a new faction. Whether you're building an extra/additional HQ after acquiring sufficient members or rebuilding an HQ that was recycled (or otherwise destroyed), you have to actually BUILD it.

Facility DCs are not assigned, they just exist as available to build when selecting the building type on the Build Permissions page / Construction page. Think of Faction HQs as the Churches of every faction type.

Edited By: Kay Dallben on Year 17 Day 185 13:51
Year 17 Day 185 14:04
Simkin Dragoneel

As Kay said.

For more information look here: Link

Join Faerytail!
SWC VIDEO Tutorials!
Faerytail Do NOT Trade List

q8scw75
Year 17 Day 185 15:55
You know.......

Ok, thank you very much for letting me know where I went wrong. This is truly turning into a learning opportunity. And Damij (IC) and I (OOC) will be eternally grateful for that.

I have a new facility built because I was told that I needed the new HQ powered and built befor recycling was completed for a smooth transfer. Apparently that wasn't correct and I won't embarrass him here. So that's what i meant by we have one built. I meant we have the facility we are gonna use already built.

However I am asking (so very very very humbly) for anyone to come forward with either
a. A possible, clear suggestion that will lead to a solution

or

b. a straight forward "dude you're screwed, there is no solution"

But don't get me wrong- in very open to instruction on where I can improve...I'm just looking to fix this issue. If it can Be fixed.

It is common that in the final moments are when beings show you who they really are.
Year 17 Day 185 18:45
Simkin Dragoneel

I am confused as to what "new facility" you have built. If it is any 7x7 like a palace, HR100, etc. etc. you cannot use that as a HQ. If the recycling of your old HQ is complete, then you simply build a new HQ in a city. It will come up as allowed buildings for your faction.

For your faction type it will be this: http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?7x7&ID=58

That is basically what the link tells you to do.

Join Faerytail!
SWC VIDEO Tutorials!
Faerytail Do NOT Trade List

q8scw75
Year 17 Day 186 0:56
Ah I understand now. So we are going to have to rebuild a new conference center specifically in the new location...not just use a random 7x7 that's already been built.

Thank you for the straight forward approach Kay...which clearly flew over my head (doh!) And thank you for your patience Simkin. Your knowledge of the Combine really helped me out and I am extremely grateful you took the time to pitch in. Funny how much this was stressing me out, lol.

Have a great day and if there is anything we can do to assist either of you one day then feel free to ask.

Year 17 Day 186 1:52
What your other people were probably meaning was to get enough members to get a new DC with your existing HQ alive and then build the new one before recycling the first.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 17 Day 186 2:30
Exactly....it's pretty clear now. And we have the second HQ DC too. We hit themember requirement a little while ago.

Isn't it amazing (well it is to me) that after all this time I'm still learning new stuff everyday. I guess that's one of the things that keeps me hooked. Well that and all the free cookies. Thanks again folks.