Year

Day

Time

22:58:49

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 17 Day 203 19:30
Kyran Caelius

Are there any plans to do a full reset (i.e. let everyone change race/reset skills) in the near future? We've done it a couple times in the past (e.g. when R&D skills were changed) and with all of the new races that have come out, it seems apropos and worth asking about.

Cheers.

gif
Year 17 Day 203 19:56
Venari Haliat

What was the reason for the last one again?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 203 19:57
As far as I've heard, there are not any currently planned. It would take a pretty big change to a skill(s) in order to warrant another skill reset.

Trader, Middleman, FI Operator

Y19.png
Year 17 Day 203 21:59
Victor O`Cuinn

However, there has been two new races discovered this week. Both which allow a skill reset ;)

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png
Year 17 Day 204 0:13
Naomi Felian

Victor, not everyone is like you and changes races whenever a new one comes out just to have a free skill reset...

And the reason for the last reset was the change of the tab der if I remember correctly.

Year 17 Day 204 0:27
The race reset was one-time, because that was just as the option to swap to new races was being added, and it wasn't retroactive to the races that had been added to SWC previously so the people who had already created characters never had that race option at character creation.

Since that option now exists, game-wide race resets are no longer necessary.

A skill reset wouldn't occur without another rewrite of significant equations where refunding points in only a specific skill isn't feasible, or in case of changes made to the skill system altogether. There aren't any such rewrites planned for the near future, but it could happen someday if some feature necessitates it.

swcforumsig

Year 17 Day 206 14:37
Bambl Cata

Being able to reset skills for CPs with the cost increasing exponentially depending on character level would be good.

Edited By: Bambl Cata on Year 17 Day 206 14:43
Year 17 Day 206 15:13
Bambl, that by extension creastes essentially a pay to win system, where you have the ability to change your skill set to whatever current task you are doing.

Year 17 Day 206 15:21
Venari Haliat

One of the reasons why I love the combine is because it is not a play to win game, hells no Bambl. Hells no.

- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 206 23:21
Bambl Cata

Once per 6 months? ;)

Year 17 Day 207 1:39
Naomi Felian

Just no, Bambl. It's worse enough already that there is no system in place which blocks all the people who change race just for a skill reset as they are abusing the race change already to get a skill reset to fulfill the task they currently have.

Year 17 Day 207 7:13
No.
Sod off.

You people get enough skill resets with the number of races we're getting. You poor, poor souls will just have to make do.

Edited By: Dante Erinith on Year 17 Day 207 7:14
Year 17 Day 207 11:11
Victor O`Cuinn

It's worse enough already that there is no system in place which blocks all the people who change race just for a skill reset as they are abusing the race change already to get a skill reset to fulfill the task they currently have.

Hmmmm, interesting how you know how the inner thinking of other players work. Maybe they change for an RP reason, or perhaps they really like the new race. Do not pretend to know what everyone else is doing. I know many people who change race (more then once) and never changed there skills from what the previous race had.

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png
Year 17 Day 207 13:12
Naomi Felian

Strange to believe when certain names are always appearing on the new race instead of staying with a race for a bit longer. And curiously your name is also on that famous list quite often, shortly after a race comes out... so I doubt it's a rp reason there....

Year 17 Day 207 13:26
Venari Haliat

Unless of course he has a vial of metamorphosis plague that he snorts every time a new race is found because he likes the high.

This is made of jest not insult.

- Hamlet
Year 17 Day 207 14:47
Kyran Caelius

Thank you for answering my question, Syn.

gif
Year 17 Day 208 12:20
Victor O`Cuinn

You are right Naomi. You got me. I am so lucky I am finally able to meet you. So, since you know so much about me, how does my future look?

I have changed races twice and both times had nothing to do with the skill reset. In all honesty I find it annoying and would be perfectly happy if a reset was not part of the change race option. But by all means, you keep telling others how they are thinking, you might make a good living that way one day ;)

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png
Year 17 Day 208 19:42
Keep up the bickering in this forum and I'll be happy to remove all of you from it. It is for questions and concerns, not for personal attacks.