Year

Day

Time

00:29:56

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 17 Day 220 18:23
Eevo Vreka

If one lets say loses their account information(has happened to me before) is starting a new account forbidden? Even if can't login to old account? Or if that happens can you start a new account as long as you don't use your old account at all?

Volkron
Year 17 Day 220 19:36
Lexor Gregain

Yes
Yes
No

Year 17 Day 220 19:49
We can restore access to old accounts with a new e-mail address.

swcforumsig

Year 17 Day 221 12:24
lol, quite a coincidence of timing between this thread and the one asking ti reduce the death timer. No you cannot bypass the death timer by claiming you lost access to your login info......

Year 17 Day 221 12:26
Naomi Felian

One could even assume that he indirectly admitted to be a multi? But that might even be speculation...

But the coincidence is quite alarming actually.

Year 17 Day 221 13:32
Memnoch

It is interesting actually, what if you lost your handle and do not remember what e-mail was used before? Will support ticket system allow to ask for Asims to track your ip and tell your lost data?

Year 17 Day 221 13:33
Lexor Gregain

Hi Eevo. Since you sent me a DM indicating you misread my answers, let me clarify them:

If one lets say loses their account information(has happened to me before) is starting a new account forbidden? 

Yes, it is forbidden. Do not do this.

Even if can't login to old account? 

Yes, it is still forbidden. Contact an aSim to get help restoring access to your account first, then you can log in, drop your character and make a new after 3 weeks.

Or if that happens can you start a new account as long as you don't use your old account at all? 

No, you cannot. Do not do this.

Year 17 Day 221 20:18
It is interesting actually, what if you lost your handle and do not remember what e-mail was used before? Will support ticket system allow to ask for Asims to track your ip and tell your lost data? 

Yes, IP address can be used. A portion of the handle/email can be used as well (the search supports wildcards). Really, any field you entered can be used. If you remember a partial post you wrote, it can be looked up in the forums. If you know your old IRC nick, your IP can be pulled from the IRC logs and cross referenced with the SWC accounts. It's really not hard to retrieve old accounts.

swcforumsig

Year 17 Day 221 23:11
Eevo Vreka

Not going to argue here nor debate anything. And thank you to those who shared reasonable feedback.

Volkron