snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Error: This entity does not have a functioning Hyperdrive
Drarak Naxu Uvroso

Message Error for Hyper & Sublight travel

Kaz'aks
Lexor Gregain

What is the question?

Check the rules to make sure the ship you're using has a hyperdrive (the hyperspeed should be greater than 0). I'm not sure why you're getting that for sublight, though.

rotator.php
Year 17 Day 12, 20:20 You have been arrested by Guinar Ndengin.
Year 17 Day 12, 20:24 You have been released by Guinar Ndengin.

zapmhwh
Drarak Naxu Uvroso

Yeah I know ships got one bc I traveled to current destination. Would it have something to do with like 3-4 Cargo Containers labeled under ships tab!? I took a job where employer needed cargo containers transported but weirded because they fall under "Ships" tab

Kaz'aks
Dahn Vassic

If you're trying to fly the cargo containers then you're seeing that because cargo containers can't move at all.

If you've got cargo containers in your squadron, ie. You're flying in a ship and added cargo containers to your squadron in the hopes of just having them tag along, then you might get that message as well. If you're flying in a squadron, all of the ships have to have at least some sublight speed, and if you want to hyper, they'd have to have some hyper capability as well. Cargo containers have neither, unfortunately.

Drarak Naxu Uvroso

Ok thanks makes since. So how does one move cargo containers? Are they restricted to only transport aboard a ship?

Kaz'aks
I believe that is the case yes. They would need to be loaded onto a ship

No reserves, no retreats, no regrets

looma_karwt_cit.png

Mirialan? Visit #MirialanHome on IRC

Yes, you move them like you do Satellites - that is, like ships you cannot pilot. A ship with a docking bay, sufficient space, and a tractor beam is required.

I think the smallest ship that can carry them is something like the MTC.

Ellias_sig6.png
Simkin Dragoneel

No. The Corona can also be used to move them. With squadding, generic ships, etc.... the usefulness of the MTC isn't what it used to be years ago.

Edit:. Damn you autocorrect

Edited By: Simkin Dragoneel on Year 17 Day 249 11:32

Join Faerytail!
SWC VIDEO Tutorials!
Faerytail Do NOT Trade List

q8scw75