Year

Day

Time

05:51:00

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 17 Day 296 10:35
Hello Everyone,

I have been around the combine for about 2 1/2 years and I've been a creature/bandit hunter for most of that time. I hunt using riflemen with ranged weapons ((obviously.)) I am curious if there are those who hunt using melee and the viability of that method.

Thank you,

mondo_gek_cit.png
Year 17 Day 297 8:42
I do it sometimes to finish leveling off melee troopers that aren't far from max XP. I usually just avoid creatures that hit too hard if I was too lazy to assign skill points to the troopers. There are plenty that don't do a lot of damage, though, and if you dump points into dodge, the troopers should do okay, but I wouldn't start taking on any Krayts.

swcforumsig

Year 17 Day 297 9:38
Crispin Sygnus

I find it a very thrilling experience! I use it to XP farm, healing in between rounds.

7f3qE0x.png

E1cxoOb.png

Year 17 Day 297 12:02
I've done it, it's not nearly as efficient as hunting from afar though. We're playing a game here though so I like to mix things up and have a bit of fun. Just be prepared to likely lose some squad members depending on what you're going up against and do your homework on creatures ranges/damage.

*pours one out for his poor squad eaten by a sneaky Krayt dragon in Year 15*

ns8LjpC.png

Y15 D337 - The day a God was proven mortal

Year 17 Day 298 12:32
Ethan Travis

Nothing beats the feeling of landing down , conscripting hundreds of residents, arm them with hide and maces and go toe to toe with rancors.

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
Year 17 Day 298 23:05
Interesting; thank you all for your answers.

mondo_gek_cit.png