257 are online

Year

Day

Time

19:04:25

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 18 Day 2 1:06

I am trying to get a name approved here and am seemingly running into a recurring problem when applying.

I am repeatedly being informed of the following:

3. You may not use the name or last name of an existing Star Wars character

The problem I am having with this is that there are 10+ members currently using the first name that I am looking to use (Jorus), and yet I am being denied the ability to use it as well.

I am also being denied the use of the requested last name (Vizsla) even though during my searches in the offered links, I am unable to located anyone that uses that last name at all.

I understand that Vizsla is a name for a bounty hunter in SWTOR Game ... if I am being denied for that reason, then it would be nice to mention that and not always just throw the same ruling at me with no explanation.

Year 18 Day 2 1:32
Cassan Di`Thynite

Most likely to do with this: Linky

Try a different last name maybe?

tumblr_lovv7pCn581qizu52o1_500.gif
Year 18 Day 2 1:50
Vizsla is the last name of multiple Star Wars characters and the rules, which you posted, prohibit its use. You answered your own question.

Doubtful there's anything wrong with Jorus as a first name, since multiple players in Combine have used it without issue. There's no rule against using the same first name as a Star Wars character (e.g. Luke, Anakin, Jango).

Y19.png
I'm not even force sensitive but try telling that to my three lightsabers!
Year 18 Day 2 5:48
I understand that Vizsla is a name for a bounty hunter in SWTOR Game ... if I am being denied for that reason, then it would be nice to mention that and not always just throw the same ruling at me with no explanation. 

There were multiple Vizslas, all the way up to the prequel era (Clone Wars cgi had Pre Vizsla heading up Death Watch).

Rule of thumb - if the last name exists on Wookieepedia, it is not allowed.

Year 18 Day 2 9:48

Doubtful there's anything wrong with Jorus as a first name, since multiple players in Combine have used it without issue. There's no rule against using the same first name as a Star Wars character (e.g. Luke, Anakin, Jango).

- Tomas O`Cuinn

If this were true, and I am not saying that you are mistaken, but then why did I get this message regarding the first name as well.

Both Jorus and Vizsla don't work..

- Euna Miriel

I get this even after adjusting the first name to Jor`us to offer a bit of a difference.
If I am getting this type of message from this person, then why are there the 10+ others being allowed to utilize that very same first name of Jorus? Should not the rules apply to all and be universal?

I have since sent in yet another name request and am still awaiting an answer as to whether it will be accepted or not ... so we will see what happens.

Year 18 Day 2 10:06
Nothing says first name. The rule is "name or last name" i.e. full name or last name. First name alone is fine. Full (multiple part) name or surname matching a canon character is not. If we banned canon first names, then nobody could use the name Luke.

swcforumsig

Year 18 Day 3 6:11
You do not have any current request pending, so it must have been denied.