186 are online

Year

Day

Time

00:01:19

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 18 Day 144 20:51
I'm confused about some of the recycling issues from the recent sync reports. Were the following mentioned as existing bugs, or as corrections to bugs?:

1. "Recycling gives XP to current pilot rather than character who started the action (#4296)"

2. "Entity Damage (from aborting recycling) doesn't lead to converting to a wreck if hull hits 0 (Unreported)"

3. "Cannot recycle droids in facilities/stations (Unreported)"

4. "Time to recycle is the same regardless of whether started by an EVS or a GRZ-6B wrecker (Unreported)"

Thanks!

Year 18 Day 145 2:14
Carth Falte

I would think any notations made on a sync report are fixed or at the least thought to be fixed issues. You never truly know if a fix is actually a fix until the problem goes away... sadly. This is the pain of internet browsers, not all of them would require the same fix.

Example: Even though Opera and Chrome both run on the Chromium engine desktop notifications only function on Chrome (of the two options shown here, just saying). This is because, even though in this case they have the same source, they are still different enough for one to be able to use functions the other doesn't. This doesn't only count for functions but also for bugs.

And coming to this... makes me want to ask Clarr for when he inevitably answers this question far better than I can... will you guys bring out desktop notifications for browsers such as Opera, Internet Explorer, Edge and Safari?

ACrgui
q9aUQd
9tJQf2
Year 18 Day 145 5:55
No idea what you're even talking about, Carth. The browser you use doesn't change the way the server processes actions (the particular issues op is asking about).

Baz, to answer your question, anything under the bugs section of sync reports are bug fixes. The wording is just a description of the bug which is provided when someone commits a bug fix to the game's code. So the text usually isn't how the bug was corrected and instead is a description of the bug itself.

Edited By: Ulrike Rayne Schultheiss on Year 18 Day 145 6:07

ulrike_r
No_Syn_Sig.webp
Year 18 Day 145 13:49
Ted made these fixes, he can clarify. I think these are mostly edge case bugs though we found when testing recycling.

* 85a456c807d41e8c11c7b99e9df0977c97192dd2: Bugs: Recycling gives XP to current pilot rather than character who started the action (#4296)

This is a fix for an exploit where a player could change pilot after starting recycling and direct XP to an unrelated party.

* 5617ac9f7c01d6664e17fe5d7ccb8ae7981df1ff: Entity Damage (from aborting recycling) doesn't lead to converting to a wreck if hull hits 0 (Unreported)

This is fixing an odd interaction where when aborting a recycling action is supposed to damage the entity more, but was crashing out.

* 5aa17403d4f16b88da7db57241eb74b49b689a27: Cannot recycle droids in facilities/stations

Allows droids that are located inside recycling capable stations and facilities to be recycled, previously they were unable to be due to an omission in the code.

* 2c48bcb96cd2c7755c2f0ec6c5279a084e0c2c99: Time to recycle is the same regardless of whether started by an EVS or a GRZ-6B wrecker (Unreported)

The time calculation for EVS based recycling was too quick, it was updated to match the rules.

"Clarr's a big mean jerk and he steals my lunch money and makes me cry."
Year 18 Day 148 8:47
Thanks to everyone for the information.