Year

Day

Time

05:11:14

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 18 Day 268 15:38
Sable Sojo

I understand that the amount of credits allotted to a new character has changed over the years.

Wondering how that is determined and seeing as it's been that way for sometime, is there any appetite to increase it?

#FightForOneFifty

nSk3FNa.png
Wicked Trixie False
Year 18 Day 268 15:56
We haven't actually had significant inflation since the last increase so I'm not sure a suggestion like that would go very far currently unless there are more extreme economic shifts.

swcforumsig

Year 18 Day 268 16:15
Sable Sojo

When was the last increase? I've been here for 5 years and I think it's been the same?

Year 18 Day 268 17:04
I want to say around year 10 or so though I am not entirely sure. When tax planets were a thing they introduced a massive amount of credits to the game; which led to the increase in starting credits for new players.

Year 18 Day 268 18:40
Sable Sojo

Hmm.. so maybe it should actually be lowered? I guess the point of starting credits is so you can purchase items at the NPC shop when you spawn..assuming the prices at the shops stay the same then wouldn't there be justification to just keep it the same indefinitely?

Year 18 Day 268 19:23
Simple answer, the starting credits are for basic shop items and NPC Transport costs. Since the prices for those are set by the game there is no reason for a change in starting credits.

The long answer is that the only way the starting credits will be increased or decreased is if the amount of credits generated in the game increase or decrease by a massive amount in a short time frame. To give you an idea the tax planet era increased the typical faction paycheck from 50,000 - 100,000 to several million, I believe. When Syn mentioned significant inflation it means a very significant amount of credits.

If I remember correctly from my previous characters you start with about 50,000 credits. Enough to purchase three K-4 Security Droids and a basic weapon. The other purpose is to allow a new player to use the NPC Transport system to travel to other Darkness/Quest homeworlds instead of being required to wait weeks for someone from the faction they chose to pick them up before getting to play.

Yes, starting credits will stay the same indefinitely unless most of the credits in the Combine disappear or someone finds a way to generate godly amounts of credits. Not sure I answered your question to your liking though.

Edited By: Dol Ka on Year 18 Day 268 19:24
Year 18 Day 268 19:45
The specific reason why the starting credits were increased that last time was because it was possible for a new player to spawn with an amount low enough that they couldn't afford some NPC transport routes. Now they can! It would still be reasonable to reevaluate for an increase in some hypothetical future of extreme inflation, so new players could still potentially buy a cheap fighter or something.

swcforumsig